TAZAMA SAVING AND CREDITS COOPERATIVE SOCIETY
TAZAMA SACCOS is a financial institution conducting saving and Credit Cooperative Society activities and registered under the Co-operative Societies Act No 6 of 2013 and is licensed under the Microfinance Act No 18 of 2018. The Saccos is located at TAZAMA-Regional Office (Kigamboni) in Dar es Salaam. The main objective of the Society is to mobilize savings, provide loans facilities to its members in accordance to loan policy and other value-added services such as developing savings tradition, financial management and encouraging investment behavior aimed at improving the social and economic wellbeing of its members.
TAZAMA SACCOS is seeking to recruit competent qualified Tanzania citizens to fill the following vacancies:
Reports to: SACCOS CHAIRPERSON
General Responsibility: Responsible in ensuring maximum utilization of available resources and exploring potentials that will create values to members and Saccos growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure various resources are identified, deployed and managed effectively to achieve positive results on attracting new members and increase financial liquidity and capital.
- Ensure existence and best practice of Saccos Mission and Vision with implementation of policies and strategies to attain Saccos objectives.
- Champion in all issues related to product development, innovation, market penetration, legal matters and use of technology to meet customer’s satisfaction.
- Collaboration with Board Chairperson to undertake all human capital issues including staff motivation, financial discipline and capacity building to staff and members.
- Advise the Board on investment decisions.
- Corresponding with other stakeholders and Saccos management on amendments of available bylaws and regulations by introduction new laws aiming at smooth running on daily operations and portfolio growth.
- Manage Saccos budgets and financial projections and advise on appropriate approaches to minimize cost and maximize profit, oversee all compliance issues and ensure that are done timely.
- Representing TAZAMA Saccos to external forums and other networks including government institutions as directed by Saccos Board.
- Carries out any other duties as may be assigned by Saccos Board.
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Cooperative Management, Finance, Project Management or Microfinance from recognized institution. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least Five years working experiences as a Manager in reputable organization, working in Micro finance institution will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills (Fluent in English and Kiswahili both oral and Written) and a keen attention to details.
- Ability to work with only minimum supervision with integrity, creativity and honesty.
- Proved Leadership, Training and Negotiation skills.
- Computer experience and proficient in Microsoft products such as Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Age 35-45 years.
Terms of Employment:
The incumbents will be offered employment opportunities upon completion of a probation period of Six (6) months and a dean vetting process result.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates
Duty Station: Dar-Es-Salaam
Mode of application:
Application in own handwriting with detailed CV including Photocopies of relevant academic certificates should be submitted to the undersigned before 03 March, 2021.
P.O. BOX 2157,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 03 March, 2021