Maendeleo Bank PLC commenced operations in September 2013 as a Regional Bank with its Headquarters at Luther House, Sokoine Drive – Dar es Salaam. It is the first bank in Tanzania to be registered in Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) from its inception through Enterprise Growth Market (EGM) window.The bank has been awarded as ‘the best listed bank in the Country’ for the year 2018 by DSE.
In its efforts to expand and strengthen its operations, the Bank wishes to recruit self-motivated, result oriented and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions available in its staff complements as here-below:
MANAGER BANCASSURANCE (One position)
Reporting to Head of Finance, the Job holder will be responsible for managing, developing and growing insurance portfolio on daily basis. H/She will be responsible with business growth, excellent customer service, operational compliance, staff development and performance management.
- To provide leadership and comprehensively manage the activities of the Bancassurance within the bank including business generation, management and grow insurance business by meeting the set targets from time to time.
- Plan, organize and coordinate day to day running of the department.
- Respond to customer enquiries and handle customer claims;
- Key contact person to Tanzania Insurance Regulatory Authority (TIRA) and Bank of Tanzania and responsible for providing all necessary regulatory reports and compliance;
- Accomplish departmental objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; Allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients, primarily Insurance Companies and other players.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Any other related duties as assigned by Superior from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Holder of Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Insurance from any recognized University. Possession of Insurance professional certification will be an added advantage. Experience in Bancassurance relationship is highly encouraged. Other qualities required are:
- At least 8 years’ experience in the insurance industry with extensive knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Sound knowledge of the Insurance products and services and TIRA regulations;
- High levels of professionalism, honest with impeccable integrity (high ethical standards);
- Good management ability with capacity to grow, support and develop talent within the agency;
- Demonstrable business acumen and excellent communication, social and presentation skills
The above positions carry Competitive remuneration package commensurate to qualifications and experience of the successful candidates.
Mode of Application:
Applications addressed to the Managing Director enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, full contacts (address and telephone numbers) and three referees should be sent through E-mail: email@example.com latest by 20th March 2020 before 16.00 hours.
‘Maendeleo Bank Pic is equal employer‘