Manager; Corporate Communications
This role is an integral part of our organization, responsible for overseeing, developing and effectively guiding internal and external corporate communication programs that support the company’s business strategy, mission, vision and values.
The Corporate Communications Manager manages proactively high-quality campaigns that communicate the institution’s most strategic priorities, embraces strategic experiments with innovative communications techniques, and uses an array of visual and audio storytelling – including video, photography, podcasts, audio stories, storytellers, social media, infographics, influencer engagements, partnerships.
This role provides supervision and direction to direct reports and works in conjunction with other key stakeholder but not limited to management team, marketing, business, HR and the branch network.
- Create, develop and manage content for NMB’s online and web presence (requires working with content management software).
- Create Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and editorially relevant content using SEO principles that maximize content effectiveness and reach, that improves site navigation and search performance/results
- Develop metrics and leverage reports on content performance, executing content audits, constantly evolving an executional strategy that drives improvement and results. As such, the candidate will possess working knowledge of commonly used analytical tools (Core Metrics, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Develop content and manage digital assets in support of digital content strategies, constantly monitoring digital activity and refreshing.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to develop engaging digital and web content, including but not limited to website content, blog post, videos, info graphics and social media postings.
- Manage the web and online editorial calendar.
- Work with the Senior Manager to architect and draft an influencer strategy, brand story and content plans for paid influencers. Develop copy for all paid influencer partnerships to align with digital brand strategy and campaign narrative to increase activity and outcome KPIs
- Manage day-to-day social media and online activities including monitoring of conversation threads and online brand reputation. Proactively support the contact center to promote and respond to corporate affairs and crisis conversations on social media platforms, blogs and chat rooms. Escalate consumer conversations that require attention.
- Maintain a consistent tone throughout all web properties.
- Manage Copyedit and proofread all website content.
- Assure digital and web-based and company information is current and archived for future needs and reference.
- Establish and drive the overall internal communications strategy that supports the company’s business strategy, mission, vision and values increasing employee engagement, productivity and retention.
- Develop and manage the execution of Communications strategy, consistently delivering weekly and monthly communications.
- Amplify the voice of the organization through internal and cross-NMB communication. Work with and advise senior leadership on the right forum, timing and content to ensure employees are knowledgeable, inspired, excited and empowered to meet our goals.
- Prepare materials, newsletters, business reviews and other ongoing and one-off communications.
- Builds internal brand reputation by cascading corporate news to employees through channels such as the intranet, email, collateral publications, town halls, huddles, videos, teleconferences, and webcasts.
- Oversee the organization, promotion, and production of internal staff events
- Build relationships with vendors, internal team members and a wide range of stakeholders across NMB to manage and deliver incredible communications and experience
- Monitor, track and report key performance learnings on all metrics
- Work closely with the department’s knowledge and strategy teams to ensure alignment with the communications program. Take ownership of—and enhance the format, content, and relevance of—the department’s internal and external websites (including blogs) and online collaboration platforms.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent understanding of best practices in communications and its applications in print, electronic and digital media
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content management systems (Drupal, Convio, Kintera, etc.)
- Excellent English and Swahili (written and spoken)
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong stakeholder management and networking skills, motivational writing, planning and organizational skills, and a creative and innovative approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate complex information accurately
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree marketing, public relations and communications and computer science from a recognized higher learning institution
- At least 3 years of experience in communications with some amount of that time managing company’s intranet and focused on internal, employee and workforce communications.
- Work experience in a creative agency or internal communications department is preferred but not required.
- Hands – on experience with technology and media, SharePoint intranets, HTML, photo editing applications and video recording. Graphic capabilities highly desired.
- NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.