Manager, Credit Assessment
To oversee a team of Credit Analysts in assessment of credit proposals for MSME, Wholesale and Agribusiness.
- Delivery of a professional service to the business units, by assessing and evaluating credit facilities (new and/or existing) based on sound credit & financial principles, which supports to minimizing of risk to the bank.
- Supervise Credit Analysts in submission of balanced credit opinions for approval of/decline of credit applications.
- Provide technical support to Credit Analysts including couching to improve quality of the credit proposals recommended for approval.
- Ensure the team observes SLA and without jeopardizing the quality of credit proposals
- Provide direct (specialist/ professional) credit assessment and evaluation to whether the credit proposal meets criteria and counter-party credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, and independently recommend appropriate credit proposal including terms or conditions where necessary to ring fence exposure.
- Identify, quantify and evaluate sources of risks and where possible provide mitigation
- Interrogate information obtained to gain a thorough understanding of business parameters, which create profit/value as well as the associated risks
- Be able to defend own judgement in a manner which does not negatively affect the business relationship.
- Utilize industry and market information available to identify and understand contextual threats to existing and potential clients.
- Build a smooth working relationship with business counterparts to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluation
- Jointly be responsible together with business partners, for all credit facilities recommended for approval
- Detect and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluates the implications of such changes on continued business dealings.
- Take and/or recommend remedial /appropriate actions for deteriorating exposure identified during review process
- Submit all papers meant for Credit / Board Committees to Senior Manager, Credit ensuring ample time for review
- Manage performance of the Credit Analysts and provide support for performance improvement
- Approve credit proposals within mandated discretionary limit exercising highest integrity in the process.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Bank Credit Products
- Ability to appropriately structure a deal.
- Detailed knowledge of credit analysis techniques
- Understanding of the various Industry Sectors (i.e. Government/Parastatals, manufacturing, wholesale, Agribusiness and retail.
- Excellent understanding of credit and associated risks
- Good interpersonal skills in a Business or Credit environment
- Analytical and numerate
- Communications and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Commerce, Economics, Finance or any relevant Business-related fields
- At least 5 years Proven experience in a Credit role at senior management level gained within the Bank or other banks
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.