Manager: Data Centre and Network Facility Operations – VDNET23
• Provide operations and maintenance leadership through controlling, managing, auditing, supporting daily Data Centre operations and Network facilities activities that ensure achievement of highest possible KPI targets, operational excellence as well as efficiency in network operations processes and cost.
• Responsible for acquisition, management and maintenance of Network facilities and physical/civil infrastructure including but not limited to Data centers and BTS sites
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Services Contract Governance: Control and operational management of the partners to deliver optimal end-to-end network availability and KPI target; including PM audits ATP’s, and quality of workmanship on all operational sites.
• Data Centre layout and Environment: Drive end-to-end process and governance to ensure there is structured Data Centre layout, cabling, and equipment positioning, implementation of heat and smoke detection and fire suppression to fully achieve efficiencies and compliance to Vodacom standards.
• Cooling and Power: Drive end-to-end operations of critical systems to the Data Centre such as HVAC, UPS and Generators to fully achieve Vodacom standards and other required regulations in the country.
• Capacity Management: Drive end-to-end processes and procedures to manage Network infrastructure capacities and capabilities.
• Property Management: Plan and execute maintenance of Network civil infrastructure and physical property, including management of leases, contracts and statutory/ regulatory compliance. Management of site acquisition agents to ensure timely acquisition and preparations of lease agreements for site rollout.
• BCM/DRP: Ensure operational alignment and adherence to the company BCM/DRP policy and strategy.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• University degree in Telecommunications/ Electrical/ Civil Engineering
• 3+ years’ experience in Telecommunications Operations management
• 3+ years’ in operation support, installations and commissioning
• Proven experience of working with multiple suppliers/vendors/ partners
• Advanced knowledge of mobile telecommunications network architecture/technologies
• Sound understanding of project management
• Knowledge of Data Centre management will be an advantage
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Problem analysis and resolution
• Planning and organizing
• Partner Governance
• SLA Management
• Incident Management
• Process Management
• Risk management
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date : Ongoing
TO APPLY CLICK HERE