Job Title: Manager, Market Risk
Department: Risk & Compliance
Reporting to: Head, Risk & Compliance
Responsible for: N/A
Region: Dar es Salaam
Hours of work: 8am -5pm Monday to Friday.
Additional hours as required by work load.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Market Risk Management works with the business units and control functions to help ensure the Bank has a transparent, consistent and comprehensive programme for managing Market risk and Liquidity risk .
- The role will require collaborating with various stakeholders to build a sound market risk and liquidity risk framework that conforms to the risk appetite established by the Board.
- Assist in the definition, review and implementation of limits as well as development of tools for effective limit monitoring and reporting.
- Obtain detailed understanding of profitability and document key Profit & Loss drivers.
- Effectively communicate risk issues to all levels of risk governance, control functions and the front office.
- Provide management (ALCO,RMC, MANCOM) and Board (BRMC] with appropriate insights and information on market risk profile and liquidity risk profile.
- Develop a strong independent view of current market conditions, front office positions and valuation of assets.
- Maintain regular engagement with the Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office teams to ensure risk issues are identified and resolved timely.
- Contribute towards the understanding of market and liquidity risks arising from new initiatives (trades, products, activities) and recommend appropriate controls.
- Leading and managing implementation of ICAAP and ILAAP requirements and ensure adequate governance process.
- Develop a comprehensive set of CAAP and ILAAP stress-test scenarios and ensure their regular review and update Enhance management’s view and decision on market risk and liquidity risk through periodic stress testing, in line with regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective reports, presentations; ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis results in a clear, precise, and actionable manner .
- Strong understanding of the drivers and measures of market risk, strategic mind-set, with excellent knowledge and understanding of banking products and organisations.
- Experience of at least 4 years in a similar function
- Significant experience in risk, with fluency in Market Risk; sound understanding of risk management principles.
- Good understanding of Market Risk concepts and metrics (vaR Pvo1, NII, scenario analysis, risk sensitivities, etc.), and governance frameworks.
How to Apply:
Please send your application to email@example.com
Application deadline:- 26th May 2022