BUWASA is an autonomous entity which is responsible for supplying clean and safe water as well as provision of sanitation services for Bukoba Municipality.
The Authority is looking for competent, dynamic, energetic, committed, experienced and well qualified Tanzanian who is capable of embracing and driving change in BUWASA to fill the following vacant posts:-
Minister responsible for Water Board of Directors
Departmental Managers and Heads of Units
Holder of a degree in Water Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration or Human Resources Administration or equivalent qualifications from recognized institution with working experience of at least seven (7) years in related field, of which must be held in managerial position from a reputable Organization and must be a computer literate. Minimum of five (5) years experience working in water and sanitation sector and should demonstrate ability to plan, manage, lead and coordinate the Authority’s activities of ensuring continuous supply of clean and safe water as well as removal of waste water. Master Degree/PGD in related field is an added advantage. A candidate must be registered by respective Professional Registration Board where applicable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be chief Accounting Officer of Bukoba Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority.
- To plan, coordinate, manage and control provision of continuous supply of quality water and efficient removal of waste water.
- To oversee the planning and execution of new water and sewerage projects
- To direct the formulation of policy proposals for consideration by the Board in relation to physical and financial functions of the Authority.
- To interpret policies laid down by the Board and issues internal regulations and procedural instructions thereof.
- To prepare the annual budget for the Authority and submit it to the Board for approval.
- To regularly review, actual performance against plans and budgets and submit reports to the Board detailing performance with recommendations for actions necessary to correct adverse variance
- To make recommendations to the Board on staffing levels required by the Authority and ensures that affective procedures are established for recruitment, training and development of staff at all levels.
- To ensure there is existence of harmonious relationship between the Authority and the stakeholders including the Ministry, Regional, Municipal Authorities and EWURA.
- To prepare and carry out an effective programme of public relation, water conservation, water protection and pricing policies.
- To make recommendations to the Board for fixing of water and sewerage tariffs and collect revenue thereof.
- To prepare and submit to the Controller and Auditor General or its delegate, the annual accounts of the Authority within three months after the end of the financial year for a statutory audit.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Applicant must be Tanzanian
Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be verified by the relevant Authority (NECTA, NACTE and TCU)
Applicant should sign every page of attached document
Statements of results, result slip and testimonials shall not be accepted.
Candidate should attach photocopies of birth certificate and National Identity Card or indicate the number of in his/her CV.
Applicant employed in Public Sector should route their applications through their respective employers.
Age between 35 and 50 years old.
Application without relevant documents will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on the date of interview.
The post carries competitive remuneration package according to the Authority’s pay salary scheme of service and other entitlement commensurate with the respective position.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and suitable candidates should submit their hand written application letters attached with certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates where necessary, updated personal curriculum vitae (CV) indicating three names of reputable referees from work or professional.
Signed application letter should be written in English and addressed to the following address not later than 2nd December, 2019.
The Board Chairman
Bukoba Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (BUWASA)