MANAGING DIRECTOR – TELESIS Tanzania Ltd
Job Country: Tanzania
Telesis is a limited company incorporated under the laws of the United Republic of Tanzania, dealing with provision of telecommunication services. Specifically, Telesis deals with provision of 4 G telecommunications network capacity and coverage to telecom operators in Tanzania, using the licence provided by the Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority. The company is owned by Millicom International Ventures AB and Millicom International Operations SA.
Telesis is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Managing Director.
To provide leadership role, Plan and manage the operations’ development
OUR WAYS OF LEADING
We lead by Connecting, lead by Owning, lead by Delivering, lead by Change and lead by Vision. You will live our values of Trust, Passion, Simplicity, Integrity and Innovation.
In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for annual sales and revenue budget with creation and development of a Wholesales Sales channel. Managing client relationships and wholesale delivery model of 4G services nationwide. Profit and Loss responsible with target to grow the business and extension into multiple mobile services providers with 4G capacity service offerings. Manage virtual organisations and managed service partners for maintaining service levels and KPIs as agreed with customer contracts.
• Generate, plan, direct and control the general policies of the company.
• Build strong communication links with the Board of Directors, as well as with other MD’s of the Group worldwide. Motivate and supervise day-to-day work of operational and technical managers and staff.
• Grow a customer company from its significant number of existing retail MNO’s.
• Monitor day-to-day activities of the company. Interface with local government officials and regulatory as necessary.
• Ensure full compliance with the law of the country.
• Manage annual business planning process and subsequent compliance with approved budget.
• Manage regular reporting of information to the Board of Directors and shareholders in a timely and accurate manner. Safeguard the assets of the company and comply with all fraud, internal and external audit requests.
• 4G technology and MVNO management
• Maximise the regulatory conditions under which the company operates.
• Manage subordinates to meet plans and targets and maximise performance.
• Submit reasonable capital expenditures (CAPEX) request to ultimate parent company and ensure
• Maximise adequate financing possibilities for the company.
• Perform any other duties as may be delegated by the Board of Directors and/or ultimate parent company from time to time
• Be aggressive in reducing and then keeping costs under control.
• Constant exploration of new and innovative technical evolutions to enable wholesale/ServeCo models.
Qualification and Experience
University degree in Finance /Economics / business Management (MBA Desired)
Minimum 10 years of working in multinational telecom corporation with technology and
commercial leadership track record
Detailed experience with NetCo, ServeCo, TowerCo, MVNO and wholesale capacity business models.
Deep capability in contract negotiation for Network Sharing, MORAN, MVNO, MOCN and ability
to design and sell capacity through these models to Tier 1 operators.
This position is open to people: Local
Telesis Tanzania Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. The company offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment.