Marketing Communications Intern at Twende Social Innovation Center Arusha, Tanzania
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertaking media monitoring on Twende related issues, including in creating an updated media and partners contact list
- Assist with updating and maintaining Twende’s social media presence, including scheduling updates
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly newsletter
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Assist with the design of flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by Twende
- Assist with updating the Twende website when needed
- General administrative tasks
To be considered for the position, individuals are required to meet the following criteria:
- An organized and systematic approach to his/her work.
- Ability to quickly read and summarize text.
- Ability to multitask and work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate activities.
- Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.; (Experience using Adobe Suite for design purposes, specifically Photoshop and InDesign, in addition to other Adobe applications is an added advantage)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a multicultural environment.
- Willingness to learn from others and work well in a team environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); in the fields of Knowledge Management, Information Management, Communications, or any other field in the social sciences;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literate in standard software applications, e.g. Microsoft Offices, Web Browsers, etc.
- Ability to use social media applications, e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Canva, Hootsuite
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in the work of Twende.
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- The intern will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel (including to and from the office), accommodation, etc.
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in a health insurance plan.
- Twende accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for education programmes