Job Description :
Marketing Manager, Spirits – SBL
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 24%.
SBL flagship brands are Serengeti Premium Lager and Serengeti Premium LITE. Other brand portfolios include Pilsner Lager, Tusker Lager and Guinness. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Gordon’s Gin and Bailey’s Irish cream.
This role is located within the Demand side of the business.
The Marketing manager, Spirits role is critical for the development and execution of both the short, and long term SBL spirits strategy, with the aim of growing the volume and NSV contribution to SBL and EABL. Incumbent will work closely, with the Sales team, Customer Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain, providing leadership and support to deliver against all objectives.
Purpose of Role
To lead the development and execution of the SBL spirits strategy across the Tanzanian market, in both Off-Premise and On- Premise trade while supporting the business in achieving its business objectives; creating the capacity and building a strong spirits culture within SBL. Other key dimensions include:
• Beat the plan and competition through net sales value, trading profit, growing share and volume.
• P&L Management with accountability across the Spirits portfolio
• Responsible for the management of overhead and T&E budget for the entire Spirits team.
• Responsible for maximizing ROI, whilst maintaining customer and brand focus with effective strategies to deliver growth.
SBL operates in a complex, ever changing and extremely exciting market environment and in a vast geography. SBL is one of the key players in Tanzania facing competition from long established competitors and aggressive emerging new players in the Spirits space.
The holder of this role will enable SBL to establish and grow the spirits category, exploiting all opportunities to accelerate company growth. Ideal candidate should:
• Have Deep understanding of business, sales, marketing, financial, supply chain management, business environment, and production, account development and needs/challenges of assigned distributors.
• Be recognized as an expert in strategy development contract management, distribution, trade marketing, supply chain management.
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision-Making Rights
This is a key Influencer role across the broader SBL / EABL business in relation to current and future spirits opportunities. Leadership of the marketing spirit portfolio, whilst supporting the broader sales and Key Account’s functions(indirectly) to shape the SBL Spirits business and culture. Close monitoring and evaluation of customers, RTM and team performance to propose, and develop actions, plans and initiatives for growth.
Lead the strategic development and implementation of the Spirits strategy as follows:
• Translate the corporate strategy into a compelling Spirits strategy that grows the SBL spirits penetration and maximizes the ROI.
• Deliver plan NSV, Cash and OP (Operating Plan)
• Beat the competition and deliver/exceed the AOP (Annual Operating Plan)
• Drive the implementation of global initiatives in the local market.
• Support the development and implementation of the Consumer, Shopper and Customer strategies that consistently refine the route to market strategy:
o Approach to implement trade and brand programmes within POS (Point of Sale)
o Contribute to the overall marketing strategy and plan by integrating the brand & category strategies into the trade marketing & distribution strategy
• Develop spirits capability among SBL sales force.
• Manage the development and implementation of trade programmes for customer segments and key accounts.
• Ensure that Trade area is well trained and motivated in order that trade marketing and distribution representation is superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services.
• Manage Mainstream Spirits overhead & A&P budget, including trade specific programmes (excluding generic and specific trade research)
• Champion innovation in trade programmes development and distribution systems in order to achieve competitive advantage
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Appropriate degree in commerce or related field;
• MBA and/or Chartered Market certification is an added advantage
• Business qualification ideal.
• Strong commercial acumen
• 7 – 10 years’ experience cross functional experience, mostly in spirit business.
• 5 years management role with ability to demonstrate successes in leading, building and developing strong teams.
• Leadership of large teams operating in complex, multi-channeled settings
• Strong knowledge & demonstrated delivery in challenging trading environments; understanding of channel, pricing, negotiations and strategy development
• Negotiation and conflict resolution with powerful Customers
Barriers to Success in Role
• Inability to lead teams and build relationships across cultures and in developing markets.
• Inability to act as a leadership member of the International Demand business and manage across the organisation matrix, linking back into the wider Global spirit community.
• Inability to partner with supply and commercial functions.
Worker Type :Regular
Primary Location:Dar es Salaam
Job Posting Start Date : 2019-10-22-07:00