TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
POSITION: MASAAI FACILITATOR
Duty Station: Simanjiro-Orkasumet (Manyara Region)
Reports to: WASH Engineer
Duration of Contract: 10 Months
Age Limit: Not above 45 Years.
- Responsible for the implementation of all planned community
- Responsible for Community engagement activities
- Responsible for conducting community meetings with relevant stakeholders for the identification of water, sanitation and hygiene
- Responsible for liaising volunteers, community leaders and beneficiaries
- Demonstrable knowledge on Hygiene promotion approach for participatory and community diagnosis (e.g; Hand washing, Menstrual Hygiene Management, COVID-19, Sexual and Reproductive health).
- Develop Hygiene promotion activities and campaigns
- Compile and collect data field for evaluation indicators of verifiable objectives of the
- Advice the project Wash Engineer on how to improve WATSAN interventions with the agro pastoral communities.
- Prepare activity and progress reports at the end of week, month and
- Active in detecting community needs and suggest future interventions
- Ability to use computer software package (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisors from time to time
- Work closely with the Spanish Red Cross Delegate in the area, provide support for the good running of the operation.
MOST RELEVANT SKILLS:
- Community and social skills to mobilise the community
- Trained and experienced in risk communication and community engagement (RCCE)
- Bachelor Degree in Community Development
- At least 3 years working in community development projects, and at least 1- years Red Cross
- Language Skills: Swahili, English and Masaai.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than February 14th ,2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected]