Master Trainer at Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania Morogoro, Tanzania
1.1. Job Title: Master Trainer
1.2. Period: 1.1.2020 – 31.12.2020
1.3. Superior: CEO Programme (Janet Maro)
1.4. Reports to: CEOs
1.5. Key Relationships: CEOs, project managers, SAT Facilitators
1.6. Substitution: Project Manager
2. General Precondition of Working with SAT
SAT Team Members use their professional competencies to work together in teams where they inspire each other to reach goals, with mutual respect and honesty towards each other and for farmers, while having self-drive to improve work and themselves.
3.1. Job Location: SAT Head Office in Morogoro, SAT Farmer Training Centre, SAT Dodoma Office. Field visits to all relevant SAT projects.
4. Skills and Qualifications
4.1. Bachelor’s Degree in education, Agriculture Extension, Applied Extension or related field is a must and a post-graduate degree in Education, Management or relevant field is preferred.
4.2. Minimum 5 years of consecutive experience as Curriculum specialist, Education Coordinator, Training Manager, Master Trainer or any relevant field
4.3. Strong communication and platform skills
4.4. Sound training organization and implementation skills are a must
4.5. Good analytical and strategic thinking skills
4.6. Knowledge of Good Facilitation and Training Delivery Skills is an added advantage
4.7. Supervisory and management experience
4.8. Teamwork –Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment.
5. Goal of Position
The Master Trainer (MT) will work closely with SAT Management and the Ministry of Agriculture Division of Training, Extension Services and Research (DTER) to facilitate training and capacity building activities under SAT projects and staff at the national level, with a focus on project staff, Training institute principals and tutors implementing the new curriculum of agriculture. This position is part of the SAT team that supports the implementation of CISTI in all the Ministry of Agriculture Training Institutes (MATIs) and selected private institutes. The Master Trainer will serve as the learning leader and will implement an integrated program of professional development that will include residential training at SAT FTC, cluster trainings in the regions/zones, organize independent study, and experiential learning for new staff and tutors.
6. Key Responsibilities
- Review and ensure up-to-date SAT Field Training Standard
- Develop curriculum/training modules, references and training material considering the need of staff, farmers and stakeholders as the need arises.
- Supervision and mentoring of the SAT Facilitators through developing and implementing supervision tools, regular meetings, spot checks, formal and informal discussions; giving feedback; advice; recommendations; instructions; approving and updating work plans, performing performance evaluations to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Prepare training calendar for the SAT FTC and guide the training teams accordingly.
- Plan and implement the quality trainings with all components as per the SAT training standard
- Ensure close liaison with SAT Facilitators, Tutors, F2F and P2P Trainers in the field.
- Establish strong liaison with the all Trainers/ Facilitators and provide technical guidance in implementing and monitoring trainings at FTC and in the field.
- Work in close cooperation with the Staff of DTER, Training Institutes, relevant government line departments, and others agriculture related entities.
- Act as key facilitator of the review and planning SAT Field manual and revision of curriculum, modules and sessions as per need.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the Trainers/ Facilitators and undertake necessary measures for their improvement.
- Adopt and ensure the field demonstration practices are in line with the SAT Standard.
- Assist in preparing Annual/Quarterly Work Plan – particularly for training at FTC, in the field, with tutors and implementation of the project.
- Guide and contribute with regional officers in preparing and finalizing training plans.
- Responsible for delivery and coordination of all trainings to be conducted under SAT.
- Monitor the quality of the tutor and farmer trainings on day to day basis and undertake appropriate measures for improvement.
- Provide guidance/support to the Trainers in planning and conducting basic training/refresher training.
- Ensure proper documentation and reporting of trainings.
- Maintain training database.
- Participate in different task team meetings (Zonal level and National Level) under CISTI Project.
- Take lead role in identifying suitable areas/places for learning and guide for organizing exchange/exposure visits.
- Carry out regular visits to the field to see the effectiveness and taking experiences of the farmers for further improvement.
- Assist the M&E Manager in establishing and maintaining effective monitoring and evaluation system and continuous follow up and evaluation of training.
- Design performance monitoring & evaluation tools for Farmers and Trainers / Facilitators.
- Collect and analyse training reports and provide necessary feedback to the concerned.
- Capture lessons learned, success stories/good practices on the trainings at FTC and at the field, their effectiveness and results; and disseminate.
- Prepare field visit report, training-workshop report and other ad hoc reports.
- Assist M&E Officer in compiling monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports.
- Formation of Farmers association based on agriculture farmers.
- Develop and establish better linkages and collaboration with agriculture department and agriculture research station for getting useful scientific information, inputs and technologies.
- Any other task assigned.
7. Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Number of plans developed and executed accordingly.
- Number of training modules developed, reviewed and finalised.
- Number of trainings to Facilitators, Tutors and farmers organized and conducted.
- Percentage of work time utilized for the field visits/field monitoring.
- Number of batch wise training plans developed and implemented.
- Number of planning/review/task team meetings attended and supported.
- Coordination with different Govt. line departments, local service providers, input suppliers, and other relevant actors.
- Number of modules/tools/formats developed.
- Monitoring and training quality assurance initiatives.
- Number of reports prepared.
- Number of ToT for Trainers/ Facilitators, Farmers and Pastoralists provided.
- Number of Trainers/ Facilitators developed.
8.1. Confirmation of knowledge of relevant job descriptions, substitutions, superior, subordinates, others.
8.2. Confirmation of agreement to the employment contract.
8.3. Confirmation of SAT Financial Policy 1.2, Vehicle Policy 1.0, SAT Human Resource Policy 1.0, SAT Anticorruption Policy 1.0 and SAT Communication Policy 1.0.
Applications must be sent in soft copy to the HR manager (Email address [email protected] ). CV including current contacts of three references, copies of relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonial and current and expected remuneration all to be submitted before 14th January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.