The vacancy of Project Manager – Action Africa is a temporary fixed term position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Its main purpose is to ensure efficient and effective distribution of fertilizer donated by Yara Organization to support farmers in Tanzania.
- Co-ordinate distribution of fertilizer to selected farmers within Tanzania in liaison with Yara Agronomists.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Manager to coordinate with Suppliers on required fleet/wagons and negotiate reasonable rate for the benefit of the company/project.
- Capture all trucks loaded with the product and follow up to ensure truck offloads at agreed points as well as capturing total distubution of fertilizer per region while ensuring all carriers follow HESQ and regulatory requirements in product movement to the warehouses and farmers.
- Cordinate all production report and series of QR code sticker stamped in each bag and all required documents before loading/releasing product and after final destination (receipt)
- Track fertilizer distribution in collaboration with Commercial Managers, Yara Agronomists and Market Promoters, to ensure that each QR code of the fertilier is traced to the end user.
- Generate Customer/farmer profile data to capture all required information concerning the farmers who get donated fertilizer which includes but not limited to names of the famers, crops grown, acreage, gender and phone numbers.
- Produce and analyze weekly inventory and distribution report per destination /supplied farmers.
- Report to the relevant parties including Health Environmental Safety and Quality (HESQ) department any incidences of product loss in transit either from the port, to the farmer, or to the distributor and follow the outlined process for claim as stipulated by Yara.
- University degree in Supply Chain or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a global Company’s Logistics department
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in swahili and English languages
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in managing a project involving agricultural activities in a rural set up is an added advantage.
- Experience in working with remote team.
Apply no later than
10th July 2020
- Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering
- Oil & Energy
- Supply Chain