Materials Engineer at TANROADS
Tanzania National Road Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry’ of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of Trunk and Regional Roads Network together with Airports in Tanzania Mainland. Tanzania National Roads Agency ( TANROADS)on behalf of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the REHABILITATION OF IGAWA-UYOLE-SONGWE-TUNDUMA ROAD (218KM); LOT NO.03: NSALAGA-IFISI (29.0K/W); WIDENING TO DUAL CARRIAGEWAY; CONTRACT NO:
As a measure to strengthen Capacity of discharging TANROADS functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Mbeya, on behalf of Chief Executive, seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizen to fill Vacancy posts for the specific duties on short term basis.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill vacancies in the Region. Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerab e length of time in Mbeya Region within the project area when situations warrant.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of One (1) year, renewable subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
Materials Engineer (1 Post)
- She/he must be a registered Professional Civil Engineer with a degree in Civil Engineering or Pavement or Materials Engineering. Postgraduate qualification in Pavement or Materials Engineering is an added advantage.
- She/he must have a minimum of seven (7) years of specific experience in Pavement/Materials matters related to road works. At least one Project should be Superpave wearing Course.
- She/he must have served in a similar capacity on at least two (2) road projects of similar magnitude and complexity in the Last 10 years.
- She/he shall be responsible for ensuring the quality of all materials to be incorporated in the works, as well as the completed works, conform to the contract specifications.
- In addition, he/she must have a working experience of at least 3 years in Sub-Sahara countries. Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
Application Letter should be preferably emailed or Posted to
P O BOX 258
Deadline for the Submission of Application is 16th April, 2023
Hand delivery shall NOT be accepted.