Mathematics & ICT Teacher (O –level) at The School Of St Jude Arusha TZ
Reporting To: Head of Department/ Level Coordinator.
Working relationships: All academic & business teams.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Teach one or more National Curriculum subjects to students in one or more Year levels
- Plan lessons in line with National Curriculum syllabus documents and by the school policy
- Provide a learning environment which allows students to learn effectively and in which they are inspired to learn
- Monitor and record the progress of the students and encourage them to develop and fulfill their academic potential
- Keep up to date with developments in the subject area, with new resources, teaching methodologies, and national objectives.
- Liaise and collaborate with colleagues
- Fully support the work of the departments and fulfill the school’s mission and purpose.
- Work hard hand in hand with the HOD/level coordinator to ensure that the academic and discipline of students is attained at high standards.
- Attend all assemblies, arrive punctually, sit with the students to make sure they maintain high discipline.
- Attend homeroom session on each morning when assigned and follow the homeroom procedures without failure.
- Make sure your students are dressed in proper uniform every morning during homeroom time and at all other times.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Teaching up to 28 periods per week.
- Develop schemes of work (in collaboration with your HOD and other members of the department)
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes with approved lesson notes.
- Prepare and maintain classroom to norms and regulations which also inspires the students to learn
- Devise and write new curriculum materials.
- Identify, develop, select and use a range of different teaching and learning resources and equipment
- Use relevant technology and strategies to support the teaching and learning in the classroom
- Be fully aware of the students’ who need extra assistance and support them individually
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities within the lesson.
- Fill in the logbooks at the end of every week and schemes of work at the end of each month and submit it to the HOD for signing.
- Prepare homework and classwork assignments and assessment tasks in line with school policy.
- Mark student work, provide appropriate feedback and maintain records of student progress and development
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to students in a way that will inform their learning.
- Recognize that assessment is on-going and should be carried out continuously
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Fully prepare students for all internal and external examinations
- Research new topics and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge
- Be prepared to learn how to use relevant technology to improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Be prepared to learn from others and be a lifelong learner
- Undergo regular observations and participate in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Make efforts to continually improve your standard of English
● Manage student behavior in the classroom and throughout the school and apply
appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
● Maintain discipline by the rules and disciplinary systems of the
school and apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
● Call in parents (in collaboration with the HOD/level coordinator/deputy’s headmaster) when there is an academic/discipline concern or issues.
Whole school and departmental responsibilities:
- Provide support to the HOD and other members of the department in all aspects of curriculum delivery
- Take part in peer assessment – observing and providing feedback to colleagues
- Participate in departmental meetings and any whole school events
- Meet once monthly with the HOD in one on one meeting according to HOD`s calendar.
- Take responsibility for any textbooks or other teaching resources used within lessons
- Prepare suitable and appropriate emergency lesson Plans which can be used when absent and to monitor their use
- Cover for absent colleagues when required
- Maintain a tidy and well-organized classroom and report any damage as appropriate
- Attend staff meetings, committee meetings and level meetings full time.
- Carry out specific allocated duties when you are on duty (T.O.D).
- Participate in and organize extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events.
- To be on duty (T.O.D) as per the Campus Schedule from Operation office.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the department’s procedure and submit to your supervisor for approval.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission-related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in the student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department, Manager and Deputy Director and the Employer.
Qualification, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education in a specific subject is the minimum requirement.
- 3+ years of experience teaching- A-level with outstanding performance
- Added advantage- If you have placed a class on top 10 National wise
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
- An energetic, ethical, well disciplined, appropriate dressing code and friendly attitude with the ability to be flexible, patient, personable, easy-going and professionally conduct yourself.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong time management skills.
How To Apply
- Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to [email protected] Applications should be sent by 28th November 2019. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Child Protection Policy WE ABIDE BY A STRICT CHILD PROTECTION POLICY AND DO NOT TOLERATE ANY ABUSE!