MEAL Officer Job opportunity at World Vision Tanzania
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide technical guidance and support to Ark 2030 Project to comply with WV DM&E Management policy (LEAP/IPM) guidelines & standards, CWBO and donor requirements operations to achieve the intended program results and impact in a cost effective manner, while maintaining a high level of excellence and accountability. Take part in project activities’ data collection, cleaning analysis and reporting as required by DME and or project management team. Abide and support in the monitoring and evaluation activities per approved policies, systems, procedures and donor requirements.
Basing in Dodoma, he/she will provide technical MEAL insight to Ark2030 project where the project will operate (Dodoma, Singida or Manyara regions). Ark2030 project primary goal is to Restore Land and Livelihoods systems. The project’s objective is to improve livelihoods, food and nutrition security, and resilience to climate change for smallscale farmers and/or pastoralist and restore ecosystem services, particularly through evergreen agriculture, and to enhance carbon sinks using locally appropriate evergreening practices.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Implement Ark2030 project initiatives in monitoring, evaluation, impact measurement, and reporting system
- Spearhead development, review and implementation of Ark2030 monitoring and evaluation plan in collaboration with project team and partners.
- Test and adapt project theory of change in collaboration with other staffs and partners
- Facilitate development of annual plans as per donor requirement and WVI guidelines and support the revision of work plans.
- Take part in preparation, review and compilation of project’s monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Take lead in monitoring and evaluation events such as baseline, mid-term reviews, and final evaluation exercises. Participate in the engagement of project hired consultants, including writing their Terms of Reference (TOR) and providing them with logistical support they need as carry out their contracted duties.
- Facilitate learning and reflection sessions with staff or partners for the purpose of exploring information and answers around projects learning agenda.
- Formulate and Implement key performance indicators (KPI) and deliverables for the project and monitor them throughout the duration of the projects
|Implement project Learning, information and knowledge system
|Build capacity of staffs, partners and community in MEAL
|Networking, visibility and donor recognition
- Bachelor degree in evergreening or social science field. (Example, agroforestry, Rural Development, Project planning and management, Environmental Studies, Geography etc.)
- Should have at least 3 years previous experience in MEAL function especially by using GIS and remote sensing tools
- Must be a Christian with good conduct
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Swahili
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
Strong commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision.
- Strong and conversant with GIS and remote sensing techniques in evergreening field.
- Experience in direct implementation of similar project will be an added advantage.
- Strong prior experience with online data management, data collection, use of mobile data systems, logical framework, data analysis and presentation, report writings.
- Should have a prior experience with World Vision and/or similar international NGO’s
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 20%
- Willing to work in rural areas and travel extensively in Dodoma, Singida or Manyara regions
- On call; 5%