Kairuki Pharmaceuticals Industry Limited (KPIL) is a new Pharmaceutical company which was established and registered by the country’s Business Registration & Licensing Agency (BRELA) back in 2015. The company is located at Zegereni Industrial Area in Kibaha Municipality, Coast region (Pwani). The plant is due to begin its manufacturing operations early 2021, therefore applications are invited from qualified and experienced Tanzanians in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry for the following positions:
Location: Zegereni Industrial Area in Kibaha Municipality
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (1) POST
Reporting Line: Plant Manager
- Mechanical Engineer shall be responsible for planning, organizing and overseeing the maintenance of properties, facilities, equipment and mechanical systems to support operational
- Responsible for maintenance of production equipment, process improvements and process automation, and capital project support.
- Developing, Supporting, and Enforcing KPIL Core Safety
- Providing Strategy, Planning, and Scheduling for Production Maintenance staff
- Administration of Process Control, Monitoring, and Data Acquisition
- Development & Administration of process equipment specifications, support documentation, and equipment
- Procurement of manufacturing equipment from specification, purchase, factory acceptance (as required), through
- Equipment Qualification and Computer Validation support to internal and external resources.
- Initiate and direct the implementation of Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) for process equipment improvements and/or aseptic practices related to maintenance compliance.
- Responsibility for tracking daily production runs; ensuring proper equipment set up and routine adjustments to enable production of quality
- Overseeing a reliable spare and change part supply chain for process equipment and projects for weighing, compounding, filling, and
- Administer the CMMS (Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager (RAM) Cloud for process equipment and production support; including unplanned & planned work (Work Orders, Preventative Maintenance, Calibrations, HEPA Filter Certifications on Production Equipment, et. )
- Automate and structurally improve the spare and change parts
- Engage OEM suppliers/vendors for resolving equipment failures and/or
- Collaborate with Manufacturing on scheduling of production runs for Maintenance coverage.
- Train employees either directly or by third parties or OEMs on production
- Create and modify SOP’s.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support for Engineering and Project Management on capital equipment
- Maintain working relationships throughout the
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering; along with a minimum of 7 years’ related managerial/supervisory experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing, engineering, and/or
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Knowledge of applicable ISO standards;
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations;
- Working knowledge of construction, electrical wiring and controls, plumbing, water and waste treatment, machinery operations, general maintenance and HVAC
- Minimum of five years experience in similar position is a plus;
- Experience in the proper use of power equipment and tools, heavy and light machinery and building materials;
- Mechanical experience maintaining production equipment; and
- Experience in implementing maintenance best practices and processes.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates have to send their application letters attaching detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic/professional qualification, testimonials and names, addresses, day time telephone numbers and email of three referees addressed to :
Please note that, all applicants should write the position applied as a subject on the application letter/on the email or on top of the envelope.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 30, 2020