MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (GENERATION) – 10 POSTS at Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO)
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY(TANESCO)
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) is a Parastatal organization established by Memorandum and Articles of Association incorporated in 26th November 1931 which established Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (the then Tanganyika Electric Supply Company Limited -TANESCO). The Company generates purchases, transmits, distributes and sells electricity to Tanzania Mainland and sells bulk power to the Zanzibar Electricity Corporation (ZECO), which in turn sells it to the
Public in islands of Unguja and Pemba. TANESCO owns most of the electricity generating, transmitting and distributing facilities in Tanzania Mainland with estimated population of 50 million.
MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (GENERATION) – 10 POSTS
1.0.12 WORKSTATION: KINYEREZI II GAS PLANT, UBUNGO I GAS PLANT,
TEGETA GAS PLANT, KINYEREZI I EEXTENSION, AND SOMANGA.
1.0.13 SUPERVISED BY: MECHANICAL ENGINEER
1.0.14 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To execute all planned maintenance work and operation of the plant with objective of ensuring maximum efficiency of the plant and power availability in the grid; ii. To ensure machine manufacturers recommendations and safety regulations are
observed all the time; iii. To conduct thorough inspection of generating sets and their accessories and
report to maintenance Engineer for any defects and carry out remedies;
- To carry out visual inspection of equipment and instruments and to report any
faults and defects; v. To ensure company safety rules, standards and regulations are adhered to all the time and proper safe guards are established and maintained to protect the interest of the company in relation to the reliability of plants, the safety of personnel and security of the equipment; vi. To be responsible for performing preventive maintenance, Major maintenance,
adjustments and repairs on mechanical equipments; and vii. To be responsible for preparation of requirements of spare parts and
tools/equipment requirements for efficient station operations.
1.0.15 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Full Technician certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Computer knowledge and skill is compulsory. Possession of driving license class C, C1, C2 and E will be an added advantage.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45
years; ii. These positions are conditional on a one-year term; iii. For those who are employed under 12-months employment terms within
TANESCO should not apply; iv. For those who are employed in the Public Service in permanent terms should not
apply; v. An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should
not apply; vi. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers; vii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement; viii. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies;
- Birth certificate; ix. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts; x. Overqualified candidates are not expected to apply; xi. An applicants must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal; xii. An applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts; xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE); xiv. Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU); xv. An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to
indicate; xvi. A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, Utumishi House, 8 Kivukoni Road, 11102 Dar Es Salaam; xvii. Deadline for application is 10th August, 2020. xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
xix. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise(This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’).
SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT