Medical Doctor(s) at CCBRT
Medical Doctor(s) with Experience in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves as healthcare social enterprise and through development programmes in the community and the most vulnerable. Committed to preventing lifelong disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs. Its recently opened Maternity and Newborn Wing serves as a referral centre for high risk and emergency deliveries in the region of Dar es Salaam and the Eastern Zone of Tanzania.
For expansion of our services and strengthening our existing team, we are looking for experienced Medical Doctors with a passion for Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
You will assist the OBGYN specialists in the service provision in our maternity and newborn wing. Work allocation follows the needs of our out-patient, in-patient as well as theatre platforms. You examine patients, obtain medical history, and perform a wide range of tests in support of our specialist care. You implement the standards of care and ensure high quality of care (including prenatal audits). You educate patients about disease prevention and detection and reproductive health. You will assist colleagues with treatment and surgeries.
Furthermore, you will be part of the on-call team and rotate in on-call duties and therefore preparedness to work in weekends and on emergency is an important aspect of the job.
The job provides a lot of on-the-job learning opportunities.
Read Also: 25 Ways to Make Money Online, Offline and at Home
- Holder of Doctor of Medicine (MD) from a recognized institution with successful completion of one year internship. (minimal GPA of 2.7 at undergraduate level)
- At least 3 year of post-intern working experience with a reputable organization, particular in the field of Obstretrics & Gynaecology
- Registered with the Tanganyika Medical Council as medical doctor.
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both English and Swahili)
- Team-worker with client focus and flexibility A pro-active attitude and eagerness to work
If you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references and a cover letter telling us why you believe you are the right person for the role.
CCBRT is an equal opportunities employer and encourages people with disabilities to apply. Please send your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will undergo an interview as well as an additional assessment.