We are looking for an enthusiastic Medical Engineer to join our growing team with a principle to research and develop medical applications, treatments or diagnostic technologies related to acute or chronic medical conditions. In this role, you will be required to source new customers and business contacts, demonstrate the technical features of our products, drive sales, and maintain strong customer relations. The Medical Engineer may specialize in medical devices, sports medicine, stem cell research, biomarkers, genomics, nanotechnology and more.
• Supports patient diagnosis and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating and repairing biomedical equipment; training users; maintaining safe operations.
• Approves new equipment by conducting tests, ensuring adherence to codes and making modifications.
• Installs new equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating and testing performance.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, conducting tests and troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions.
• Calls for special equipment service, evaluates service contracts and maintains equipment inventories.
• Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations, instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment and answering questions.
• Evaluates proposed equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
• Improves equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction, conferring with equipment users, developing modifications, and collaborating with manufacturers.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt.
• Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests, recommending and complying with procedures, training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel and complying with codes
Skills/Experience and Qualifications:
• Documentation skills and analysing information.
• Creating a safe, effective environment and infection control
• Training management
• Lab environment, Sterilization, Clinical lab testing
• Equipment calibration, Conceptual skills.
• Experience with Technical speciality software
• Diploma or Degree in medical engineering.
• 2 years experience
• Experience in medical Machine commissioning and Installation
• Medical equipment sales.