The Medical Officer In – Charge is responsible for ensuring that the UMATI Clinic is a surplus generating social enterprise. This will entail developing and providing quality service packages which meet the highest quality and managing all resources (including human, infrastructure, equipment and financial) entrusted to them by UMATI Senior management for the realization of its goals and aspirations.
The incumbent will assist the Medical and Technical Services Manager in development, coordination and implementation of Hospital plan, strategies and program according to strategic plan. Supervise provision of quality reproductive health and general health care services.
a. Management of the Clinic
• Developing annual business plans for the clinic with specified financial and service statistics targets
• Develops a programme evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the clinic and to identify areas for improvement
• Promote effective and efficient delivery of quality Reproductive and general health care services at the Clinic
• Ensures that clinic activities operate within UMATI policies and procedures in coordination with the Medical and Technical Services Manager
• Ensuring that the clinic structure, all the equipment and assets of the organization are maintained in safe and good working condition
• Preparing a work schedules for all staff ensuring that the clinic remains operational between 8.00 AM and 8.00 PM, Monday to Saturday. This includes ensuring that in the process all staff work 40 hours a week and take statutory rest.
• Provide a timely up date to the Medical and Technical Services Manager on the status of Registration and accreditation the clinic and the medical staff to ensure that they are duly registered and accredited with the relevant bodies at all times.
• Ensures that all activities and service delivery activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
• To establish and maintain strategic partnership and co-operation with the multidisciplinary teams and institutions to ensure maximum benefit from coordinated care
b. Provision of Services
• Responding to medical/health problems presented by clients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate;
• Maintaining confidentiality and impartiality, comfort and safety of clients
• Conduct procedures as appropriate Caesarian Section, normal delivery and other simple procedures
• Developing comprehensive service packages that meet the needs of the clients in the clinic catchment area and attract diverse clientele
• The provision of comprehensive integrated quality SRH information and services including all Famly planning methods.
• Ensure that the clinic establishes and implements a quality of care system to ensure it attains and maintains the highest quality desirable
• Implement a quality improvement action plan and provide quarterly quality of care reports to the Medical and Technical Services Manager.
• Provide training and supervision for clinical officers and Assistant Medical Officers
• Keep records and provide accurate and timely reports as required;
• Ensure clinical protocols and standards are adhered to as per MOH/MSI and professional ethics standards;
• Remain up to date with medical developments, new drugs, treatments and medications
• Undertake any other assignments given from time to time by Supervisor or management for smooth running of the Hospital;
c. Monitoring and Evaluation
• Oversee the collection and maintenance of records on the clients either manual or electronic records for statistical purposes according to the professional data management policy of UMATI
• Monitors cash flow projections and reports actual cash flow and variance to the Medical and Technical Services Manager on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
• Meeting all the financial and service statistics targets agreed with UMATI Senior Management through the Medical and Technical Services Manager
• Preparing Monthly, quarterly, half year and annual financial and programme management reports and submitting the same to Senior Management in accordance with the UMATI business cycle
• In collaboration with Cashier ensure that all financial records for the programmes are up to date
• Implementing, monitoring and tracking financial milestones for the clinic
• In collaboration with cashier ensures financial reports and supporting documentation for donors are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
• Provides required information to have invoices generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines
• To fully embrace and utilise the clinic’s Information and Communications Technology including CMIS any other applications.
d. Management of Clinic Staff
• Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them
• Ensures all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with UMATI standards and those of the IPPF Regional office
• Managing all staff in the clinic including assigning them clear duties, roles and responsibilities
• Establishes and implements a performance management process for clinic staff and Communicate key performance Indicators (KPIs) from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
• Conducting half year and annual appraisal of all clinic staff and submitting the appraisal forms duly signed by themselves and the staff to the human resources unit within specified time lines.
• Engages volunteers for appropriate programme activities using established volunteer management practices
• Ensures that all programme staff receive an appropriate orientation about UMATI and the programmes
• Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity
• Identification of training and other professional requirements of their team and providing support to address gaps
• Liaise with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment
e. Cost Recovery
• Maintaining and regularly reviewing the Clinic Cost Recovery model. Advice management on the need to adjust prices and or other operational models to improve efficiencies in the clinic.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Holder of Degree in Medicine.
• Registered with Medical Council of Tanganyika
• Must have 2 years work experience in clinical work
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels
• Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
• Able to work on own initiative
• Ability to analyse problems and recommend a course of action
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
• Good practical skills
• Ability to solve problems
• Effective decision-making skills
• Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your applications including
• A cover letter detailing your suitability and why you are interested in this post
• Curriculum vitae including names and addresses of three referees (two must be from your most recent employers)
• DO NOT include any certificates
• Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 1372
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call
Closing date for applications:
Applications received later than 20th February 2018 will not be considered.
Join now click here