Medical Teams International: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer-Kibondo
***This will be a local national hire.
12 months (renewable subject to performance and funding)
Offer subject to funding approval
Position Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for implementing and coordinating the project monitoring and evaluation interventions, and working closely with implementing partners to ensure their capacity and compliance.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work with technical staff to develop performance-based output, outcome and impact indicators and keep databases and spreadsheets for monitoring and evaluation data collection. The M&E Officer will train staff and selected partners on M&E system operations and will periodically produce monitoring and evaluation reports. She/He will be responsible for supporting project assessments, lessons learned, and successes during project implementation. This position will provide services throughout multiple medical clinic and refugee sites.
Medical Teams International Refugee Response Program – Kibondo, Tanzania
Medical Teams International provides life-saving medical care for people in crisis, such as survivors of natural disasters and refugees. Daring to love like Jesus, we care for all people – regardless of religion, nationality, sex or race. We believe every person – matter where they are or how desperate their situation – matters.
Beginning March 2018, MTI is operational in facility and community-based health services through privately funded projects, implementing direct services in partnership with TRCS in Mtendeli and Nyarugusu refugee camps in Kakonko and Kasulu districts. Additionally, MTI is piloting a health behavior change methodology engaging local faith leaders in Nyarugusu.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Develop field based monitoring tools, ensure that teams are capable of using the tools, monitor and analyze data collected from project activities.
● Prepare data for processing by organizing information, checking for any inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
● Document methodologies and procedures used in the compilation and analysis of data as well as data sources, limitations of estimates and guidelines for their use.
● Assist in implementation of the Medical Teams International project in Mtendeli and Nyarugusu camps using clearly defined objectives, activities, indicators, and results for each component in the project implementation period.
● In close collaboration with Medical Teams International partners, systematically collect staff input and recommendations regarding project benchmarks and indicators by equating with UN agencies or SPHERE standards.
● Contribute to the development of program proposals.
● Produce a comprehensive M&E plan for the program and conduct regular monitoring of progress toward that plan.
● Review the project indicators, including agreed targets and time-frames for achieving them, and provide trend analysis.
● Conduct scheduled performance reviews and respond to ad hoc information requests as needed. Assist partners in preparing project status reports including but not limited to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
● Conduct data quality assessments & data audits to ensure that the collected data is accurate and maintain the integrity of the project.
● Conduct beneficiary interviews, focus group discussion, and verification visits to the project sites as required by the program.
● Maintain a filing system for all M&E activities, reports and analyses in hardcopy, and on hard disk and backups.
● NGO experience of at least 3 years
● Sound theoretical knowledge and demonstrated skills of monitoring and evaluation systems including quantitative and qualitative data
● Ability to travel to project locations at least weekly
● Knowledge of project cycle management
● Knowledge of SPHERE standards
● Ability to work under pressure, managing a varied workload.
● Strong computer literacy skills in word processing, spreadsheets, data analysis and presentations
● Strong attention to detail and report writing skills
● Fluency in English and Swahili is required.
● Bachelor’s degree in a research based discipline of social sciences.
● At least three years of experience in monitoring, evaluation and data analysis based or similar assignments
● Familiarity with humanitarian and development projects, monitoring and evaluation requirements
● Excellent communication and writing ability *
Medical Teams International
Kibondo – Tanzania
Email : email@example.com
Please note: Only short-listed applicant(s) will be contacted.
Deadline for application is 10/29/2018.
Medical Teams International is an equal opportunities employer.