Designation: MEL Officer (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer)
Report to: Senior MEL Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC), is a locally registered not for pro t organization that envisions to be the leader in social behaviour change communication and development in Tanzania. Our mission is to “improve the health and wellbeing of households and communities by equipping them with the skills, tools and mindset needed to live happy and healthy lives
Currently TCDC implements social behaviour change communication (SBCC) programs on comprehensive community engagement activities, HIV/AIDS, family planning and TB in Tanzania. TCDC has a large sub grant component where community based organizations receive funding to implement SBCC activities.
TCDC staff has a rich mix of experience in designing, implementing, managing and evaluating social behavior change communication, public health, social marketing and community mobilization programs in Tanzania and outside the country.
As part of the MEL team and under the direct supervision of the Senior MEL Of cer. The MEL of cer will be responsible in tracking the progress activities based on speci ed indicators of “Afya Kamilifu” project. He/She will be responsible for collecting and maintaining disaggregated data and provision of timely summary reports when needed. This position entails a lot of data analysis of “Afya kamilifu” project. The MEL Of cer is expected to have good interpersonal skills as they will have to work closely with SBCC program staff of “Afya Kamilifu” project. Also, He/She will be required to develop data collection tools, write “Afya kamilifu” project report and facilitating workshop under the guidance of the Senior MEL Of cer.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing monitoring tools and forms that will capture all the required information for external and internal reporting. Combine and verify data from multiple systems when information is incomplete
- Extract disaggregated data information from Afya Kamilifu project as required for quarterly, monthly and ensure information are available upon request.
- Conduct eld spot check of project areas for Afya Kamilifu interventions.
- Take part in Designing project related Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Materials. • Participate in monthly and quarterly meetings for progress sharing between TCDC and AMREF. • Coordinate and write project reports, newsletters, success stories, and issues briefs; • Develop quality assurance mechanism and monitoring checks at regional /district level enabling improved capturing of narration of programmatic results as opposed to activity accounts.
- Analyse project data and produce analytical progress report to guide management decision-making.
- Assist with reporting to the funder, including compiling data for quarterly performance reports (QPR), annual performance reports (APR), CDC Performance Reporting, and any other report required by TCDC /and or AMREF HQ and/ or CDC
- Set scope of work and tracking mechanism for vendors to implement mid-media activities in the project areas.
- Be exible and accomplish any tasks given by the line manager
- And any other duty as assigned by supervisor
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate level work in research, social sciences, policy studies, marketing, communications, or related eld.
- Ability to write professional research reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience in professional settings
- Knowledge in basic statistics
- Expertise with Microsoft word, Excel, Power point
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodology.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team while also using his/her own initiative
- Ability to set own deadlines and work independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate well with people.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
If you fell that you meet criteria outlined above please apply by email to; email@example.com and enclose the following documents;
- A hand written application letter
- Typed and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copies of relevant certificates
- Full Contact details including telephone numbers and email address
- The names and contacts details of three (3) professional references
Closing date for the application will be the 12th February 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short listed candidate will be considered for interview. All applications shall be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC)
Mikocheni B-Plot No 22, House No MKC/MCB/993 Mbuni Street P.O. Box 105170