JOB VACANCY – MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR
Title: MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR
Direct Reports: MENTAL HEALTH ACTIVITY MANAGER
Location: NDUTA CAMP
|FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY|
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· University Degree in Counselling and Psychology studies.
· Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
· Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
· Desirable 2 years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
· Desirable: Management experience
· English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required. Kirundi will be an asset.
· Participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / pycho-social related services in the programme in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients
Main competencies and knowledge:
· Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, Good listener, Discreet, Organisational skill, strong motivation to evolve within an international context, Behavioural flexibility, stress and time management.
· Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
· Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
· Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
· Coordinates activities of counselling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
· Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs
· Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
· Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
· Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
· When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
· Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager
· Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
· Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
· Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Medical Team Leader
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – Please deposit CVs at Nduta camp CV box
or send through [email protected]
Please make sure the subject of your mail will be: MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 10/03/2021
Only applications in English will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.