Position Description: Quest Forward Mentor Teacher Page
The Opportunity Education Foundation Tanzania (OE) is seeking a full-time Mentor Teacher to participate in the development, implementation and growth of OE’s Quest Forward Learning Program in Tanzania.
The mission of the Opportunity Education Foundation Tanzania is to enable students to gain the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in life beyond school, and to achieve their dreams. OE is committed to leading learning innovation through bringing better, more skills-oriented learning to young people, with the goal of helping them learn more effectively, graduate from secondary school and move into further studies or work with a greater, more useful skill set.
The Mentor Teacher will play an important role in the success of the Quest Forward Learning Program. She or he will offer training to teachers and schools, oversee development of learning materials, and help evaluate Quest Forward’s performance.
This is a full-time position, based in Moshi, Tanzania, and reports to the Quest Forward Program Manager.
The Quest Forward Learning Program
The Quest Forward Learning Program is an effort to improve teaching and learning in secondary schools and training organizations globally. It enables students to become active, engaged participants in their learning process, while supporting teachers with a wide variety of learning materials sourced made locally by teachers and other subject experts. Quest Forward is built on mobile technology, and is available online and offline on mobile phones, tablets and computers globally.
The Mentor Teacher will carry the following responsibilities:
Orientation & Training
• Understand the basics of Quest Forward and share the Quest Forward story with relevant
education partners and stakeholders.
• Orient teachers and Heads of Schools who are new to Quest Forward.
• Support teachers in schools and organizations that are implementing Quest Forward.
• Deliver and facilitate trainings to teachers and Quest Forward partners.
• Support teachers in their work in the classroom, which means understanding how to teach with
new and innovative methods.
• Work with Heads of Schools and other stakeholders to ensure their support for Quest Forward.
• The Mentor Teacher must be able to represent the Opportunity Education Foundation Tanzania
competently in schools and other organizations with which we work.
Position Description: Quest Forward Mentor Teacher Page 2 of 2
Desired Education, Experience and Attributes
A successful candidate will likely to have the following qualifications:
• A teaching degree in secondary school education.
• Experience teaching secondary school students in Tanzania, minimum 3 to 5 years strongly
• High comfort level with technology, especially mobile devices.
• Demonstrated interest in improving education through work at an education-related
• Exposure to or skills with digital learning will be an added value.
• Demonstrated leadership capacity, including the ability to work independently and manage the
Quest Forward program schedule.
• Willingness to travel frequently within Tanzania. Some occasional international travel may be
required as well.
• Work as an active, engaged team member with Tanzanian and international colleagues.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in both Kiswahili and English.
• Deep passion and concern to help people gain knowledge and skills to succeed in life. `
Learn more about Quest Forward Learning at: www.opportunityeducaiton.tz.or Application Process: Interested qualified candidates should e-mail their CV or resume to Martin Russell, OE Director of Africa Operations, by Friday, 22 March 2019: