Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Metallurgical Technicians to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Plant Metallurgist
- Ensure total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental
- Policies of BGML, as well as other policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Ensure adherence to all BGML policies and procedures.
- Be proactive in ensuring Prime Product Protection.
- Provide accurate and timely Plant monitoring data to Metallurgy and Operations.
- Ensure the accuracy of technical equipment
- Provide quality assurance and quality control on all Metallurgical Samples and ensure that they are delivered to the Assay Laboratory in a timely manner.
- Conduct laboratory test work, analysis and reporting, as required.
- Conduct plant surveys, analysis and reporting, as required.
- To carry out any other relevant duties as assigned by the Process Plant Metallurgist
Diploma in Mineral Processing Engineering
- Minimum 1-2 years practical work experience, including previous work experience in mining industry or laboratory is desirable
- SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Safety awareness
- Accuracy and reliability
- Analytical skills
- General sampling skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills (Excel/Word/Outlook
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Sound command of English Language
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “METALLURGICAL TECHNICIAN“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 9th January 2022