NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To provide timely and accurate reporting to business to enable informed decision making. This is to be achieved by having an intimate knowledge not only of data systems but also the core business. To automate excel based MI report to interactive tools such as Tableau based c360 Dashboard.
The role will not only provide relevant MI but will also be involved in implementing and creating new data structures and sources where necessary.
Accountability: Data Management
- Convert data extracts from various sources into relevant information with relevant reporting tools (Excel, Power Point, Word, SAS, SQL, Access and Oracle OBIEE) that enable reporting as required. This includes compiling management information (MI) and any other ad-hoc queries while adhering to agreed deadlines
- Identify new sources of data both internally and externally to the administration system, such as site lookups etc, when required by the business, and ensure the data is developed into existing structures for future use.
- Adhere to the core data governance disciplines as defined by the business unit when performing business intelligence activities. This includes: data quality management, information lifecycle management and information security and privacy
Accountability: Management Reporting
- Deliver relevant Management Information (MI) reports and Business Dashboards to enable decision making. These include requests for structured or unstructured reports with automation
- Develop a standard reporting framework to fulfil requests, and ensure proper change control for auditability.
- Maintain all existing reports with standard reporting tools to ensure relevance for decision making and sound data governance practise.
- Engage with teams members both daily and through standard team meetings to ensure that objectives and priorities are reflected in the agreed solutions and in accordance with business needs
- Actively engage with stakeholders through formal and informal meetings to be fully involved in the development process and delivery of MI reporting solutions
- Take part in pre-defined forums and committees to stay abreast with latest developments.
- Lead internal meetings and forums where information is to be presented to stakeholders
- Conduct integrity checks both when developing new reports and executing existing scripts to ensure correct data is incorporated into the reports and all data quality principles are adhered too
- Escalate data quality and governance issues identified to the appropriate line manager
- Automate manual reports using a BI tool.
Analytical Thinking – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), English, Ethics and values (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at specialist level, Higher Diplomas – BMI – Business Management and Informatics, Management Accounting (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets all of the requirements)