Pangea Minerals Limited – Buzwagi Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mine Closure Project Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Closure Project are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to Barrick – Buzwagi Gold Mine, Health and Safety standards, policies and procedures.
Reporting to: Closure Manager
Work Schedule: 6 weeks on 3 weeks off
Duration: 5 years
- Review of the approved mine closure plan including the TSF and waste rock dump closure designs to understand the detailed objectives, designs and activities required to effectively close mine.
- Identify closure activities in terms of objectives, principal work streams, personnel, equipment, timelines, and budgets.
- Provide liaison between the Mine Closure Manager, technical disciplines as well as vendors involved in the closure project.
- Responsible for closure schedule preparation & regular updates, pre-planning and resource forecasting for the mine closure & rehabilitation activities.
- Supervise vendors involved with mine closure to ensure their performance and timely completion of tasks according to the schedule and set KPIs.
- Manage the closure team resources and training and develop extensive closure project experience.
- Ensure effective systems and procedures are in place to execute the closure activities.
- Manage costs associated with closure activities under your supervision.
- Minimize costs while ensuring that all company and regulatory obligations are met.
- Coordinate, control and monitor the implementation of environmental and safety standards and procedures to minimize accidents and incidents during the active mine closure period.
- Provide technical advice in planning, scheduling and prioritizing the heavy equipment usage in all Mine Closure activities and works to optimize the utilization.
- Provide advice in coordinating, controlling and monitoring the equipment usage to ensure high mechanical availability and reliability.
- Provide technical guidance for operating heavy equipment in specific condition, in order to optimize the heavy equipment utilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- (10) Years of experience in Mining Mine Closure/Reclamation Planning and Execution.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- General knowledge of mining industry and mine closure concepts.
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines.
- Project Management skills.
- Excellent IT skills and CAD software usage. Surpac knowledge is essential. Knowledge of ArcGIS and other related software is also essential.
- Great organizational skills.
- Excellent language (English), report writing and presentation skills.
- The ability to explain designs and plans clearly.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Confident decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sufficient knowledge and ability to speak intelligently within the various disciplines.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Highly proactive and achievement oriented.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MINE CLOSURE PROJECT ENGINEER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Buzwagi Gold Mine within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 12th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! PML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com