African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance. The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
Location: Geita Gold Mine, Geita
To assist Senior Project Engineer and Site Management with the technical mining issues on site and /or department, interpret and analyse mining physicals and site costs, and to integrate with the client technical services department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
2. Complies with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations.
3. Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
4. Performs pre-start checks.
5. Ensure mining physicals are achieved as per contract / client schedules.
6. Ensure an intimate understanding of the site contract, variations and management plans and ensure that AUMS is compliant with these requirements.
7. Ensure client requirements are met contractually and maintain a favourable relationship with the client.
8. Use analysis and implementation of cost reduction initiatives.
9. Production monitoring.
10. Monthly performance reporting.
11. Management of Quality Assurance Programmes.
12. Budget preparation.
13. Assists with the preparation of monthly claims and interface with the Client.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant underground mining experience.
- Demonstrated experience of assistance management role in high productivity underground contracting environment with world class productivities (250 meter per month per jumbo, 50000 ore tonnes per month)
- A demonstrated passion for safety and a proactive attitude toward ensuring that safety is front of mind for all employees at all times.
- Computer proficiency(MS Excel,Word,Power Point/Outlook/email).
- Have in-depth knowledge of MinRep, Deswick and Surpac and be able to design and implement relevant templates for reporting and recording.
- Understanding of equipment and human resource capability and productivities.
- Work independently and fully capable of applying established standards.
- Ability to manage the mining contract and manage mining costs.
- Ability to communicate and liaise with employees and client site management.
- Ability to accurately prepare monthly mining progress claims and present on time to client.
- Ability to schedule labour.
- Ability to assess mining working conditions and environment.
- Understanding the mine reporting system.
- Train and mentor graduate and vocational engineers.
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s License is highly regarded.
- Senior First Aid Certificate is highly regarded.
- Underground Supervisors Certificate of Competency or First Class Mine Managers (FCMM)
- Certificate of Competency is highly regarded.
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body(ERB).
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email [email protected]
Application letters should reach the above on or before 16th October 2020, 18hr00.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS(T)Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 124 or+255 682 660 256 or+255 682 660 893.