Mining Engineer Job Opportunity at Twiga Cement
The Management of Tanzania Portland Cement Public Limited Company is inviting applications from ambitious, energetic and performance-driven individuals to fill in the below position.
Position: MINING ENGINEER
Areas of Responsibility:
As assigned by the supervisor
Reports to: MINES MANAGER
- At least 4 years experience in mining operations and experience in cement industry is an added advantage.
Due Date: 9/8/2023 12:00 AM
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mining/Geology engineering or its equivalent.
2. Preferably 4 years’ experience in mining operations and experience in cement industry is an added advantage.
3. Proficiency in Ms office Application, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
4. Good knowledge on mine planning, application of mining software’s and industrial topographic and volumetric surveys.
5. Critical thinker and problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills and team player.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure optimum utilization of crusher to meet production target.
2. Ensure supply of sufficient crushed raw mix materials for raw mill and cement additives.
3. Maintain and improve utilization of crushing machines.
4. Maintain and submit daily and monthly crushing report of Raw mix materials.
5. Liaise with Quality Control section on the limestone blending and mix ratios for proper raw mills and cement mills feed.
6. Ensure OSHA compliance with the company and statutory requirements.
7. Compliance to HC Group Code of Business Conduct, Compliance Polices and Guidelines.
8. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.