Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mining Operations Superintendents to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and the overall position objective is to oversee and manager the efficient and safe execution of the mining schedule in a fully mechanized underground mine. To coordinate both production and development deliverables while simultaneously facilitating the up skilling and professional growth of the workforce. The position will embody and foster the company polices and values to all employees.
Reporting to: Mining Manager
Work Schedule: 42 Days On / 21 Days Off
Duration: 2 Years
- Heavily involved with Technical Services Department to facilitate the development of accurate plans and ensure timely development of schedules.
- Manage the planning and coordination of all activities and manning in the underground mining operation on a daily, weekly, monthly outlook.
- Provide leadership, supervision, skills training and support for employees in accordance with departmental requirements and individual Progress and Development Plans.
- Actively foster two-way communication, teamwork among employees within the Operational Departments and encourage interdepartmental cooperation to achieve company objectives.
- Provide the leadership and motivation necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to all policies, standards and procedures during the execution of their duties.
- Ensure all areas of the operational department are conducting themselves in line with the company policies and ensure a safe working environment for employees.
- Create a working environment that ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programs.
- Execute the implementation of localization plans and performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and behavior through effective knowledge and skills development.
- +15 years in mechanised mining.
- Competency in operation of all areas of mechanised mining equipment.
- Hold respective supervision qualifications.
- At least 15 years of experience in underground hard rock mining covering all aspects of modern trackless mechanised mining and supervision.
- Experience in multiple mining regions, and mining methodologies.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough knowledge of modern trackless mechanised mining production and development methodologies ensuring industry best practice is implemented and maintained.
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites.
- Exposure to deep, narrow vein gold mining practices.
- Knowledge of dealing with culturally diverse groups and skilled in utilizing appropriate means to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MINING OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 28th August 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com