Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit MIS Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering First Line Leader
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift/ 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment, devices & hardware of the Underground radio system
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of the underground communication infrastructure.
- Responsible to ensure that all device components and leaky feeder system are properly maintained and kept in full working condition
- Responsible for installation of radio hardware’s in Light Vehicles ,Heavy mining Equipments (HME) and refugee chamber
- Conducting inspection to all Refugee Chamber to Radio Communication and Phone Communication
- To be responsible for maintaining the equipment, devices & hardware of the Smart Mine UG dispatch system
- Responsible for Maintenance of Underground seismic system
- Responsible in keeping MIS inventory and Leaky feeder spare parts
- Carry out other task assigned by Shaft Maintenance First Line Leader
- Electronics or Electrical – (FTC, IMTT & VETA)
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
- Valid driving license for light Vehicle, UTV machine
- 3 Years’ experience on Underground Radio Communication
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MIS TECHNICIAN“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com