Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mobile Maintenance Systems Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Mining – Mobile Maintenance section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mining Manager
Work Schedule: 14 Days On / 7 Days Off
Duration: 2 Years
- Actively involved in the workshop throughout the shift to ensure planned maintenance is carried out in line with schedule and to a high standard.
- Facilitate immediate action in the event of equipment breakdown and ensuring critical components are ordered as required.
- Consult with the Maintenance and Mining team to ensure the planned maintenance is optimised resulting in compliance with servicing schedules along with delivering productivity.
- Effectively manage the execution of planned work orders to reflect the forecast maintenance planned schedule.
- Monitor and analyse equipment output metrics to identify areas of underperformance and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure cost allocation is accurate and work orders are complete to a high standard.
- Ensure maintenance spend conforms within budget requirements.
- Directly involved in formulating budgets, monitoring equipment availability, Inventory control, scheduling planned maintenance and ensuring sufficient people resources are made available to perform the work.
- Actively involved in prioritizing and maximizing machine availability and operator utilization for high speed mining development operations. Conduct repairs and give instructions in order to reduce downtime, delays is foremost.
- Directly involved to ensure comprehend OEM and company machinery and equipment manuals, diagrams, drawings and communicate effectively with product suppliers and other stake holders on a daily basis to ensure a very high standard availability is achieved is critical to this role
- Actively involved in diagnose faults, transfer knowledge onto technicians to ensure faults will be rectified in a time efficient manner is critical.
- Supports the Maintenance Superintendent and Maintenance Foreman in leading the Maintenance team in achieving the objectives of the department.
- Diesel Heavy Fitter Trade Certificate
- Subsequent OEM machine training is highly regarded.
- Minimum of 7 years underground experience performing maintenance on a large fleet of heavy duty trackless mobile equipment, including Sandvik twin boom jumbo’s, Sandvik loaders, Sandvik and CAT underground dump trucks, McLean & Normet Spraymecs and other ancillary mobile equipment.
- At least 3 years must have been spent in maintenance management level,
- Must have proven experience working as part of high speed mechanized mining and an expert working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on mobile machinery.
- Thorough knowledge of underground mining maintenance methods, operations and procedures and proven experience working in a safe working environment.
- Proven experience managing and training a team of maintenance personnel to high standards.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Good communication, management & planning skills with ability to monitor expenditure in accordance with budgets.
- Computer literate and previous experience using Pronto and navigating spreadsheets are essential.
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
- Exposure to industry best preventative maintenance programs is imperative to ensure machinery and equipment is maintained to high level of availability at all times.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MOBILE MAINTENANCE SYSTEMS SPECIALIST“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th September 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com