Mobile Payments Manager – English Speaking
Dar es Salaam,
Flexibility to work in the following countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Angola, Rwanda)
Editec UK (www.editec.co) is a leading provider of management services and technology to Sports Betting, Lottery, and Gaming operators in Africa. The Company has a strong presence in over 26 Countries and several management satellite offices based throughout Europe and the Middle East.
We recently built a payment platform that provides online payment services to www.premierbet.com in 20+ countries.
On top of that, we are currently building a USSD/SMS platform to make our betting platform accessible for basic GSM device owners.
WHY JOIN EDITEC?
Work within a multicultural and international environment surrounded by other smart people that will help you grow and develop yourself both personally and professionall
Broaden your skill set by working on various projects and products
Frequent business travelling throughout Africa that will expose you to different culture and expand your business knowledge
Our payments team is expanding to meet the needs of our ever growing business and you will be working alongside experts in this field
We are looking for an expert in Mobile Payments, USSD, Premium SMS and IVR to coordinate aspects of implementation and delivery between local providers, development teams in Bucharest and London, and senior stakeholders
The successful candidate will also be responsible for negotiating commercials before integrations and ensuring ongoing quality of service after integration with both our providers and implementation partners and our merchants as well.
The role will include travel predominantly throughout Southern Africa.
Your primary responsibility will be for Anglophone Southern African countries (Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe).
And you will work alongside an existing English-speaking team, based in Nairobi, which covers East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia).
Within that region, you will be managing Editec Group’s relationship with key external stakeholders and creating a network of new contacts:
Online Payment service providers including mobile money, banks, wallets, etc, for all our Mobile Payment integrations,
Merchants that use our payment platform to process their online payments,
Mobile Network Operators and Telecom companies for all our USSD/SMS service provisioning,
Regulatory bodies for telecom, gaming, and mobile payments to ensure compliance across our services,
Various other implementation partners.
On a daily basis, you will:
– Engage with key stakeholders and coordinate the integration and technical delivery of Mobile Payments, USSD and SMS services, from end-to-end, both for our betting platforms and also for external companies that are willing to use our Payment platform to power their services,
- Overall manage our network of partners so they keep on providing prompt and proactive support after integration
- Ensure service quality throughout lifetime of agreements. Liaise with relevant stakeholders throughout downtime and service interruptions
- Provide assistance to these external companies that are using our Payment platform to power their own services
- Ensure we keep compliant to regulation in telecom, mobile payment and gaming,
- Implement a framework for proactively identifying Mobile Money operational risk and developing proactive controls to manage them
- Develop and update Mobile Money Operational manual in line with the Financial Service Regulation
- Increase payment funnels in your region/countries, by recruiting new payment providers and coordinate their integration to our middleware
- Build relationships with stakeholders to drive improvement
- Closely manage contracts and agreements we have with payment providers, telecom companies, merchants, regulatory bodies, and other implementation partners
- Set up and manage new agreements to maximize number and volume of transactions and ensuring high margin
- Solid experience working in Mobile Payments, USSD, Premium SMS and IVR, on both commercials, technical and support,
- Very good understanding of the following industries on both technical and business aspects: Online Payments, Mobile Wallets, Telecom, Digital commerce,
- Knowledge or experience in gambling industry is desirable,
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English,
- Having Portuguese speaking skills can be an advantage,
- Able to work independently and good at making decisions and taking initiatives.