Organization: Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH)
- Country: Tanzania
- City: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Office: PATH Tanzania Dar es Salaam
Tracking Code 8762 Job Description
NOTE: This position is contingent upon donor funding. Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded integrated nutrition, agriculture, and WASH project in Tanzania. The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will report directly to the Chief of Party and provide strategic guidance and oversight to monitoring and evaluation (M&E), research, documentation, and learning aspects of the project. Availability of this position is contingent upon release of a solicitation by USAID and recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to PATH and final USAID approval of the candidate.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s M&E activities, including the development of the project’s performance monitoring plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; implementation of project evaluation; synthesis of data and study outcome reports; and quality assurance and auditing of data.
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s learning activities, working closely with other technical staff in HQ and the project. Learning activities include—but are not limited to—required operations research, performance evaluations, impact evaluations, and rapid/special studies.
- Lead efforts to develop studies which inform the improvement of integrated health services in the region and design and implement mechanisms for continuous learning, collaboration, and adaptation for project staff, partners, donors, host country government counterparts, and other stakeholders.
- Build capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in program M&E, data collection and management, and research and learning methods.
- Oversee a team of monitoring, evaluation, and research staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
- A Master’s degree or higher in a relevant subject matter area is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience required.
- Experience developing study design and methodology.
- Prior experience in Tanzania is preferred.
- Experience with a USG-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated capability in developing robust M&E frameworks for integrated health programs.
- Excellent knowledge of M&E principles and practices is essential, including plan development, conceptual frameworks, and logic models.
- Strong knowledge of M&E methodology data analysis and synthesis, performance evaluation and correction, and report writing.
- Demonstrated skills in training and mentoring of less experienced staff and partners.
- Demonstrated capacity to use project M&E to advance strategic goals and provide data for decision-making.
- Strong quantitative or mixed-method and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent understanding of USAID indicators, M&E, and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work with USAID, implementing partners, institutions at the national and regional level, local nongovernmental organizations, and community-based organizations and structures.
- Knowledge of data analysis software (SAS, SPSS) is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location Dar es Salaam, , Tanzania Company Location Tanzania, Dar es Salaam Position Type Full-Time/Regular
- Teachers are needed at eagles secondary school- Bagamoyo
- Male Circumcision Program Officer – HJFMRI
- Vacancies at The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI),
- Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Support Activity (MSNSA)
- Administrative Assistant at Unicef ,Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Technical Volunteer – Camara Education Tanzania,