Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator – Foundation for Learning Project
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network, AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and ove 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. he Univrsity is botha model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
The university is looking for a candidate with innovative skills and knowledge of using digital media equipment’s. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of AKU-IED- EA donor funded projects in line with project objectives and outcomes. The position will require travel to regional areas in East Africa.
Areas of responsibilities
- Working closely with Manager, Projects to coordinate M&E activities to ensure monitoring and evaluation activities are planned, implemented and reported in an efficient, effective and timely manner
- Working in liaison with Head of Research and CELL Academic Coordinator
- Coordinating activities and participating as appropriate in the collection and analysis of data for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Managing M&E activities in AKU-IED-EA projects and working closely with partners and funding agencies.
- Preparing reports on monitoring and evaluation activities, as required
- Participating in tracking project control measures to ensure timely project implementation
- Identifying and providing technical support requirements for monitoring of implemented interventions
- Maintaining efficient electronic and manual filing systems for project monitoring & evaluation information
- Any other monitoring and evaluation duties as assigned by the Dean, AKU-IED-EA or Manager, Projects.
Reports to: Manager, Projects with dotted line to Head of Research.
- Hold a master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Sociology, Economics or related field.
- Proficient in quantitative, qualitative, mixed method data collection, analysis and reporting
- A minimum of five years similar or related work experience.
- A PhD in Education or any other social science field is an added advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office applications including high level skills in Excel, Statistical packages such as SPSS, NVIVO.
- Experience with gender analysis frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to use Online data collection tools.
- Have excellent communication skills both in English and Kiswahili. High level of written English skills essential.
- Able to train and coach staff in relevant M&E skills.
- Creative approach to problem solving, self-driven, versatile and willing to work around obstacles.
- Ability to work in a multinational environment.
- Ability to use digital media equipment is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and email contacts of three professional referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of relevant academic certificates as well as transcripts to, the Human Resources Department, Aga Khan University, Tanzania. P. O. Box 125 or by email to [email protected]. Applications by email are preferred.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 02 July 2021.