Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at WARIDI
Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI) Morogoro
Tetra Tech ARD, Inc. a US-based international development firm is implementing the USAID Tanzania Water Resources IntegrationDevelopment Initiatives (WARIDI) Activity which seeks to achieve improvements in health, water resources management, agriculture, climate change adaption and the environment in Tanzania. Tetra Tech is advertising for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinatorto be based in Morogoro for the duration of approximately (1) year. All applicants should be Tanzanian citizens and be fluent in Swahili and English. The position isimmediately available. Candidates must be able to work in a multi – cultural, multi – ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender and have a demonstrated track record of effective monitoring and evaluation team leadership. Women are encouraged to apply.
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, WARIDI Morogoro, Tanzania
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
The Monitoring and EvaluationCoordinator leads WARIDI’s monitoring, evaluation and learning team. S/he will ensure data generated from activities and interventions are reliable, accurate, and collected and reported in a timely manner. The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator is responsible for leading a team of 3-4 M&E staff, training and mentoring staff on data quality and analysis, and ensuring overall data quality assurance.S/he will ensure the project’s M&E systems, policies, procedures, templates, forms and records adhere to the highest standards of quality in keeping with the USAID/WARIDI requirements.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will report to the DCOP and work directly with all technical and managing supervisors including the Chief of Party (COP), Water Services Technical Lead, WASH Technical Advisor, Livelihoods and Partnerships Coordinator, and other members of the technical team or their designees as directed. S/he will have overall responsibility for ensuring comprehensive implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (MELP). S/he will have the following principle responsibilities:
- Work with project staff and partners to measure success towards the project’s theory of change and implement the MELP in order to track progress towards achievement of project goals and intermediate results.
- Supervise and provide oversight of M&E staff including delegating responsibilities, following-up on work plans, and leading the team to meet all expectations of the MELP.
- Provide oversight and leadership in development, testing, training and implementation of a variety of data collection toolsand systems.
- Assist with the production of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) reports for WARIDI according to the schedules required by the project.
- Provide quality control for the collection, analysis and reporting of indicator data including regular data quality checks.
- Ensure that WARIDI technical staff, consultants, grantees, partners, and subcontractors provide timely, accurate and reliable qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ensure that accurate and complete physical/hard and electronic copies of all M&E records are maintained.
- Compile and analyze WARIDI results for success stories, reports and presentations.
- Provide training and capacity building to WARIDI staff and grantees to ensure compliance of data quality standards.
- Coordinate with project team on any geospatial analysis or mapping and provide the information for key learning activities and events.
- Provide support and management in using and maintain Google Drive, Tetra Tech’s centralized M&E data management system.
- Coordinate internal M&E reviews and modifications to the MELP that may arise as a result of project-learning, or USAID-required changes to the WARIDI Task Order.
- Coordinate with Tetra Tech Home Office M&E team on all aspects of completion and updating and implementation of WARIDI Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan(MELP).
- Work closely with technical managers to ensure program activity
- achievements and outcomes are fully documented throughout implementation, monitoring, and learning.
- When requested, represent WARIDI at USAID and other periodic M&E workshops.
Qualifications: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
EDUCATION: Relevant graduate degree in monitoring and evaluation, natural resources management or a related field.
Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in monitoring and evaluation in rural water supply, agriculture, and/or natural resources management in Tanzania and/or East Africa. Experience as M&E team leader onUSAID-funded projects in Tanzania and/or East Africa may be advantageous. Experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team of employees. Experience building capacity of local organizations. Exceptional and demonstrated management, organizational, conceptual, strategic and analytical skills in monitoring, evaluation and learning.
Excellent knowledge of best practices of monitoring, evaluation and learning on USAID projects. Must be extremely detail-oriented. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of social awareness on sensitive issues. Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize with competing deadlines and priorities. Strong organizational skills with excellent ability to analyze and understand complex water, agriculture or natural resources management projects at both high- and detailed-levels. Must be able to build and maintain excel files with standardized formula to calculate results accurately. Experience working closely with a variety of individuals and organizations, including Tanzanian and US government officials, local communities, local NGOs, consultants, international agencies and donor organizations. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving and ethical management.
Strong command of the English and Kiswahili Languages (written &oral) GENERAL:
Be a team member. Be trustworthy, be reliable, be self-motivated. Be transparent and proactive when problems arise. Having the ability to be multi-tasked and efficiently respond to the needs of the project support and technical staff.
Interested and qualified candidates should email a brief statement of interest, current curriculum vitae (CV) and 3 referencesto: email@example.com Subject of the email should include “WARIDIMonitoring and Evaluation Coordinator”. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidate will be hired as soon as they are available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience.
This position is open to Tanzania candidates only. Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality and encourages applications from women and underrepresented groups. Tetra Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for submission of applications: 6 February 2020 at 16:00hrs