THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GENDER, ELDERLY AND CHILDREN
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions:
National Aids Control Programme
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (1 Position)
Reporting to: PMTCT Coordinator
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate regions, districts and implementing partners on progress tracking and M&E system strengthening of MTCT data.
- Coordinate and provide of M&E technical support to the regions, district and facility level as regards to PMTCT.
- Identify technical support needs and provide required support to the region, district, facility and other stakeholders overseeing PMTCT program.
- Manage plans and implementation of MTCT elimination process monitoring based on national and global guidance.
- Facilitate country level capacity building on M&E, target setting and progress tracking, preparation of reports including quarterly, semiannual and annual report.
- Establish and maintain an information-based data warehouse for PMTCT data. vii. Reviewing, enhancing and developing National M&E tools whenever need arise.
- Support the preparation and analysis of epidemiological reports, strategic publications and data related to MTCT elimination.
- Link the M&E structures including technical working groups on PMTCT, HIV, and TB/HIV and other related programmes and M&E capacity building and impact assessment.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Doctor of Medicine Degree, Master of Public Health or Epidemiology or Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Three to five years working experience in the M & E field.
- Data collection and survey development skills in social science research.
- Strong data analysis, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong proficiency in English and Kiswahili languages.
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and team player.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Power Point and Excel. (viii) Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any. The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees.
All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
P.O Box 743,
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- For more information kindly visit moh.go.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 December 2020