THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GENDER, ELDERLY AND CHILDREN
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions:
National Aids Control Programme
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (1 Position)
Reporting to: Global Fund Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, consolidate and monitor implementation of all HIV training, supervision and mentorship plans from all HIV grant implementers
- Ensure completeness and timely recording and reporting of all Global fund supported activities to NACP from all agents/ level that implement HIV grant
- Facilitate timely reporting of performance indicators to NACP from all agents/levels that implement at all levels for GF funded activities
- Working closely with officers from all HIV grant implementers in analysis and implementation progress of GF grant
- Attending meetings and field work as part of implementation assessment
- In collaboration with grant management unit at NACP, prepare implementation quarterly report of HIV grant
- Conduct supportive supervision visits to implementers to observe, monitor and provide guidance and quality feedback on
HIV grant implementation, use of data and indicators viii. In collaboration with GF Coordinator at NACP and other implementers of HIV grant, facilitate preparation of Progress Update and Disbursement Request (PUDR) after every 6 months of every grant
- In collaboration with GF and other units, facilitate preparation of the Global Funds proposal and work plans for the coming years/rounds
- Primary responsibility for preparation of grant deliverables pertaining to grant implementation as agreed with the GF
- Guide and steer the development of costed national strategies to guide investments
- Provide guidance and stewardship on implementation of programs
- Responsible for implementation of activities under the MoHCDGEC while ensuring delivery of quality services and assurance thereof
- Tracking performance of grant s and grant results, including preparation of PU/PUDR
- Availability of and assurance of data to support decisions, including undertaking periodic national DQR
- Based on monitoring of grant implementation, initiate and provide rationale for reprogramming based on need and the principle of investing to attain impact
- Monitors investments to assess progress towards impact and outcome
- Facilitate and support periodic external program reviews to assess progress on national strategic goals and targets
Experience and Qualifications:
- Doctor of Medicine, Master of Public Health or Epidemiology or
M & E
- Three to five years working experience in the M & E field.
- Data collection and survey development skills in social science
- Strong data analysis, communication and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in English and Kiswahili languages. Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and team player.
vii. Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Power Point and
Excel viii. Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any. The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees.
All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
P.O Box 743,
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- For more information kindly visit moh.go.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 December 2020