THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GENDER, ELDERLY AND CHILDREN
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions:
National Aids Control Programme
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (2 positions)
Reporting to: Head – Strategic Information Unit (SIU)
Duties and Responsibilities
1st Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Coordinate the development, maintenance and updating of appropriate program monitoring software/database
- Ensure that data and report flow from facilities through the appropriate subnational levels to national level
- Carry out regular data analysis quarterly to produce detailed national/district-wise/facility-level statistical summaries and aggregated reports of program performance to update NACP on the implementation
- Work with national and subnational levels to facilitate data use
- Supervise data entry of data collection forms and manage in coming electronic export files at national level.
- Analyze supportive supervision reports to identify training and mentorship needs.
- Facilitate M&E trainings from regional, districts and facility level.
- Conduct regular data backup of datasets available at NACP.
2nd Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Coordinate development and revision of protocols for recording and reporting of services in line with M & E framework for the current HIV strategic framework.
- Establish requirements and distribution plan for recording and reporting tools for M & E to ensure regular availability at service provision level.
- Coordinate development and revision of training package and SOPs for M & E recording and reporting system.
- Coordinate implementation of quality improvement strategy for recording and reporting with other institutions and organizations.
- Promote use of M & E data for improvement of services provision, monitoring and planning at facility, district, regional and National Level.
- Coordinate and conduct supportive supervision to service and management points to intensify counseling and testing, recording and reporting.
- Facilitate timely reporting of performance indicators at all levels.
- In collaboration with GF Coordinator and other units, facilitate preparation of Progress Update and Disbursement Request (PUDR) after every 6 months
- In collaboration with GF and other units, facilitate preparation of the Global Funds proposal and work plans for the coming years.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Doctor of Medicine, Master of Public Health or Epidemiology or M & E
- Three to five years working experience in the M & E field.
- Data collection and survey development skills in social science
- Strong data analysis, communication and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in English and Kiswahili languages. Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and team player. vii. Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Power Point and Excel.
viii. Age limit: 50 years
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any. The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees.
All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children,
P.O Box 743,
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- For more information kindly visit moh.go.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 December 2020