MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
ADP-Mbozi is a registered national NGO on 10th October 2005 under section 11(3) Act No. 24 of
2002. Originally registered under the Trustees Incorporation Ordinance Cap. 375 on 29th
November 1995 with registration number 1639. Since then, the Organization has grown in terms
of interventions and coverage.
ADP Mbozi aims to be a leader in facilitating socio-economic empowerment of marginalized rural
and urban communities in Tanzania through community empowerment on HIV prevention, impact
mitigation, gender and good governance; promotion of improved agriculture production and food
utilization, entrepreneurship and market development, and addressing challenges of environment.
It is a result-oriented organization that offers employees opportunities and experiences both
interesting and challenging. The headquarter of the organization is located in Vwawa town,
Songwe Region, about 70 km from Mbeya city, along the Dar es Salaam –Lusaka highway.
Subject to approval by USAID and Pact, the organization has come into agreement with Pact to
implement ACHIEVE program in councils of Mbozi, Momba, Tunduma (Songwe Region), Mbeya City,
Kyela and Mbalari (Mbeya Region).
ACHIEVE (Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowered and Virus Elimination)
program is the USAID funded project that aims to strengthen local organizations and national and
community level social welfare systems, structures, and work force to support and sustain OVC to access
HIV -inclusive services that support their health and wellbeing.
Specifically, the program aims to: –
i. Strengthen the capacity of the national and community level social welfare workforce, systems,
and structures to ensure quality services for OVC, at -risk AGYW, and people living with
ii. Build capacity of local organizations to manage and implement USAID/PEPFAR awards as
prime implementing partners ACHIEVE Tanzania Project will support the transition of prime
funding and implementation to capable local partners to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of
funding to local partners.
iii. Deliver high quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW and OVC
In order to achieve the intended objectives, the organization seeks a dedicated and keen person to
undertake the following post:
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer– 1 position
Reporting to: Senior Program Manager (SPM)
Location: Kyela and Mbarali
Line Manage: CMO, ESLO, HHO
Support implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the project at council-level. S/he will
be responsible for ensuring timely data collection and entry into the system, and filing is properly done
at all levels that is at ward, council and ADP Mbozi office. S/he will also ensure the confidentiality and
quality of data for decision making and reporting.
- Degree in Health Sciences, sociology, demography, statistics, or other social science
- Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with OVC programs under USAID will be an added advantage.
- Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili languages.
- The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience working in Monitoring,
Evaluation and reporting areas.
- Proficient with MS Excel.
- Work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in orphans and
- Experience with DHIS2 preferred and a working Knowledge of DATIM software a plus
- Experience with mobile data collection e.g Kobo, comcare.
- Report writing and publication skills.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% time.
Roles & Responsibilities.
- Coordinate implementation and provide support on oversight of monitoring and evaluation
activities in the councils in data collection, management, analysis and reporting,
- Perform simple data analysis and visualization to promote data use at all levels.
- Generate and contribute to quarterly or other reports, as needed.
- Support to conduct routine internal data quality assessments (DQAs).
- Conduct regular monitoring site visits to caseworkers; review and provide feedback on
- Review critically reports submitted by caseworkers and perform data verification as
- Set up and maintain data entry and management systems including applications.
- Supervise data entry by data clerks.
- Other tasks as assigned.
How to apply:
Interested applicant should send the application letter, curriculum vitae (CV), academic transcripts, and
three referees to:
Mbozi. Email: email@example.com
Deadline: 11/04/2023 before close of office business. 15.30 hours.
ADP Mbozi, in any case, will not be involved in any costs associated with the application
processes by the applicant to this post.