Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reporting to: Associate Senior Project Manager
Job grade: Grade 5
EGPAF intends to hire Monitoring and Evaluation officer for a USAID-funded comprehensive HIV/TB/FP project in Tanzania. Reporting to the Associate Manager Monitoring and Evaluation. S/he will be responsible in ensuring that all data management activities essential to routine program data monitoring, reporting and use are accomplished. This includes tool design, data quality assessments and reporting, responding to data queries from program team and donors (through management), basic data analysis, data visualization, presentation and use for performance improvement. The M&E officer will be based in Dodoma. This position will as well serve in a follow on project upon award. This position is only eligible for Tanzanian nationals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure availability and use of national and programme data, M&E (recording and reporting) tools.
- Work in collaboration with project office personnel, facility data clerks, CHMT focal persons to provide accurate and timely data for weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as per set guidance.
- Support routine implementation of Data Quality Assessments/Reviews following program and national standards, disseminate findings and monitor over time
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding and practice use of health information systems such as the CTC2 electronic HIV patient database, HTS module, Pharmacy database, MTUHA paper-based documentation and reporting, DHIS2, DATIM, IPRS, to mention some.)
- Participate in external meeting, programmatic workshops concerning M&E, QI and other project activities as directed. This includes working with PORALG, MOHCDGEC (NACP and NTLP) to ensure complementarities of M&E activities when needed.
- Provide technical support in your region of work for both facility and community data collected through mentorship and coaching modalities.
- Degree holder in medical related field, ICT, Business Administration, with more than 5 years of monitoring and evaluation experience in the health sector. Masters (MPH, Biostatistics, Data Science, Epidemiology, M&E) added advantage
- Ability to make critical decisions independently, take initiative, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in HIV/TB/FP program monitoring and reporting (e.g. indicator and systems knowledge and data management.); preferably GOT recording and reporting systems (e.g. CTC, DHIS2, GOTHOMIS). Added advantage if conversant with PEPFAR, TB and FP USG reporting requirements.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English and Swahili,
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30-40% in-country and work within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Capacity and motivation to acquire new knowledge and skills in a short time.
- High level of computer literacy defined by proficiency in the basic Microsoft packages, and experience with data management and visualization software (excel, access, Power BI, Tableau). Working knowledge in using of statistical packages (added advantage).
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter, relevant certificates in one document explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Closing date: February 5th 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.