Service, Health and Development for people living with HIV /AIDS (SHDEPHA+) is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216, with the aim of mobilizing resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing, and implementing its projects; though all branches share one constitution and registration.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama, based in Kahama Municipal, is among the 65 branches, was launched in 1999 and started independent operations in 2002 has been working with both international and national donors, the local and central government and other stakeholders to work toward the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The organization works with the poor, key, and vulnerable groups including women, children, youth, people with special needs; and it gives special attention to the underserved and marginalized populations such as PLHV, FSW, and VAGYW
SHDEPHA+ Kahama has been selected and reassigned to implement The Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) program as a sub recipient of AMREF Health Africa Tanzania ( as a Principal recipient (PR 2) for the Non State Actors) for the HIV/TB/Malaria/RSSH grant. The grant will be implemented for three years, from 2021 to 2023 in 4 regions of Tanzania (SHINYANGA, SIMIYU, TABORA and SINGIDA).
The GF HIV/TB project implementation will be done in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and the President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this, SHDEPHA+ Kahama therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic, and qualified candidates to fill the position listed below:
Position: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER (M&E) (1)
Location: Kahama Municipal
Reports to: SR Programs manager and M&E Manager (PR2)
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
The M&E officer will be monitoring and evaluating implementation of GF HIV/TB project and serve to track progress and evaluate the program, routine review of data and taking corrective action to adapt program activities towards reaching the desired results, goals and impacts. The M&E Officer will work to support collection of timely and accurate information to ensure data-driven decision-making to solve critical problems and create evidence for dissemination. S/he will provide feedback to the SR program manager, senior MEL coordinator and PR2 M&E Manager for establishing, modifying and monitoring key program level performance indicators to report and record physical progress for specific components and interventions within all program areas of the project
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of data management strategies to contribute towards the achievement of GF HIV/TB objectives and SHDEPHA+ strategic objectives.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the documentation and data management guidelines for SHDEPHA+ to avoid any breach of confidentiality and to ensure that safety to all information is observed.
- Review and approve data ground rules and database design in accordance with the Standard Operating procedures and protocol of the programs and the data department.
- Assist in the standardization of data management procedures to ensure all staff adhere to the same guidelines provided to them by SHDEPHA+.
- Conduct data cleaning, back-up, design and programming of a clinical database to ensure system efficiency and effectiveness in the project sites.
- Review, analyse, and validate program data through review of patient’s files to ensure consistency, integrity, and accuracy based on project specific guidelines.
- Carry out scheduled stress tests on the different databases that are in use at SHDEPHA+ to identify any loopholes that require to be addressed to ensure proper functionality.
- Query data inconsistencies and revise case report forms in compliance with standard operating procedures, client guidelines and regulatory agency guidelines to ensure strict adherence from all staff.
- Provide expertise in all areas of data management through weekly staff meetings, workshops and training to ensure all staff are updated on the current trends in data management and have the required skill to work on the system.
- Conduct quarterly updates of the IT inventory from the facility level to ensure all facilities are adequately equipped with the necessary equipment to avoid any system downtime.
- Train and build capacity of SHDEPHA+ program staff in the use of Data and database for the monitoring of site’s performance and to address any issues that may arise from non-performance.
- Review data collection tools used against the required reports and provide advice and assistance in the improvement of these tools to create efficiencies in the system.
- Review monthly reports prepared by the data team to ensure information provided is of high quality and timely submission to the site coordinators.
- Run frequent queries for extraction of data from CTC2 database as required for donor uses as well as SHDEPHA+ for program improvement.
- Carry out quarterly data verification and collection activities, upload the data into systems and respond to urgent queries from staff, donors and partners.
- Compile and prepare monthly and quarterly data reports for analysis and donor use and ensure that the information provided is accurate and of high quality.
- Collaborate with Programme Officers Quality Improvement to conduct Quality Improvement performance measurement from data collection, data entry, and data verification to ensure data collected from the facilities is accurate and of the standard
- Ensure the project meets the reporting deadlines, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Lead in project performance presentations preparation and presentations to donors and other stake holders
- Lead and support the implementation project performance indicators for results/impact measurement
- Continuously reviews existing community monitoring tools and adapt them accordingly
- Develop and maintain appropriate project databases
- Coordinate/assist documentation of best practices and success stories of the GF HIV/TB Program and contribute to SHDEPHA+ Kahama
- Compile monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project reports
- Coordinate operational research
- Participate in knowledge management in SHDEPHA+ Kahama and AMREF health Africa where organized.
- Strengthen routine data collection using existing national tools for Community HIV/TB as well as the existing national HIV/TB facility databases
- Work with RHMTs, CHMTs and MTUHA/DOT nurses to conduct community trainings, refresher training, community mentorship and supportive supervisions on data in all supported regions
- Collaborate with NTLP/NACP to conduct quarterly DQAs and ensure that data is collated cleaned and validated.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor-PR2 MEAL Manager, SR MEL Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health informatics, M&E, social sciences, or statistics
- At least 4 years of “hands on experience” as M&E officer position in TB or HIV program
- Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Knowledge of national laws and regulations governing HIV/TB services and operations.
- Experience working with donor-funded organizations requiring community level engagement.
- Knowledge of relevant SHDEPHA+ donor requirements
- Ability to produce comprehensive reports
- Proficiency in the use of databases Skills in day to day activities
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver trainings.
- Discretion with confidential information
- Ability to gather appropriate information for decision making
- Ability to openly consult with colleagues
- Ability to set priorities accordingly
- Ability to speak up in the face of unreasonable requests
- Ability to apply new changes
- Ability to learn and retain new knowledge
Salary scale (2,000,000 – 2,500,000/=)
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama will conduct interviews at Kahama municipal Office for the shortlisted Simiyu, Singida, Tabora and shinyanga Applicants.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS 16th MARCH 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee Organization, or other non-merit factors.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to SHDEPHA+ Kahama Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
SHDEPHA+ Kahama regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted