Relief to Development Society (REDESO) is a national non-governmental organization, registered under the Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 with Certificate No. 1466 in Tanzania. The organization is engaged in Humanitarian and Community Development projects implemented under the humanitarian to development nexus concept. In the areas of our operation, Local Government has been always one of our key partners. REDESO is a partner with UNHCR serving Burundian and Congolese refugees in North-western Tanzania and urban caseload in Dar es Salaam.
REDESO invites interested qualified and competent Tanzanians and international expatriates who meet the listed criteria to apply for the following positions:
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (1 Post)
The M&E Specialist will provide technical leadership to develop the program framework, plans and indicators to capture project performance results and provide effective, efficient, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities. The M&E Specialist will work closely with the M&E team to design, implement and supervise the program’s M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into program implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes.
Master Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, project planning and management, development economics.
Computer literacy, with ability to analyse and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
Working Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility working experience in M&E for UN Agencies programmes or other donor-funded development programs.
- A strong background in Performance Monitoring, preferably in development and humanitarian programs
- Demonstrated abilities in program/project results monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated technical expertise, ample field of experience, and relevant technical background in evaluating development programs.
- Hands-on field survey design and implementation experience.
- Familiarity with M&E databases to collect performance indicators.
- Experience conducting participatory or impact evaluations.
- Experience writing findings and recommendations in assessment or evaluation reports.
- Strong organizational, writing, and communications skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong skills in strategic analysis, M&E, data collection and analysis, identifying trends in data, and the ability to write convincing findings and recommendations.
- Excellent English verbal, writing, and editing skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The M&E Specialist will support the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in the following tasks:
- To design and carry out capacity building activities to REDESO MEAL staff.
- To conduct data analysis and collection, including data to report against M&E indicators and data in support of evaluations.
- To conduct Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP) reviews based on the donor and REDESO’s standards.
- To plan and manage data quality assessments and join the teams undertaking spot checks and data validation.
- To perform analysis of data and produce the corresponding reports.
- To design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance evaluations and other M&E related Task Orders.
- To serve as evaluation manager of task orders, assisting in recruiting the team and managing the award ensuring timely and high-quality submission of deliverables.
- To closely work with Senior M&E Manager in refining M&E indicators and adapt M&E tools to meet program needs, which may include pre- and post- tests, focus group interview protocols, community survey tools, and baseline, mid-term, and end-line survey instruments.
- To contribute to written performance reports to donors and other program deliverables
All interested candidates should submit their applications before Wednesday 27th November, 2019
REDESO is an equal opportunity employer Women are highly encouraged to apply.
All interested candidates should submit their applications via email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For any inquiries, you should not hesitate to contact this office mobile number: +255786 740 746.