Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Assistant (Tanzania Nationals Only) – Tanzania Norwegian Refugee Council, March 2019
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In mid-April 2016, NRC conducted a pre-assessment mission in the refugee camps in north western Tanzania and the assessment revealed that the humanitarian situation for the refugees requires urgent intervention and NRC therefore decided to establish an operational office in Kibondo town, to respond in Mtendeli and/or Nduta refugee camps. The initial interventions will focus in three sectors; shelter, WASH and education (initially construction of permanent classrooms).
To apply for this position please go to NRC website at www.nrc.no and follow the “VACANCIES” link.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
The purpose of the M&E Technical Assistant (TA) position is to support with specific technical competences to project implementation. M&E TA provide technical assistant to in-country staff pertaining to M&E and build capacity in the country mission by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient and meaningful M&E systems.
Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
Ensure proper filing of documents and reports
Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
Assist in development of data collection tools and support programs in needs assessment, baseline assessment, output and outcome monitoring and evaluation of the on-going projects.
Assist in data management, entry and analysis.
Conduct routine monitoring and follow-up of project activities
Responsible for managing, recording, sharing, following up and consolidating community feedback about NRC’s interventions and ensuring community feedback is fed back into the project cycle management.
Work closely with the program teams, M&E.
Responsible for data collection, entry and analysis
Ensure that Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism for NRC/staff accountability is in place and utilized.
Prepare and submit bi-weekly and monthly reports
Other activities agreed and discussed with M&E Officer
University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Information Systems Management, or related qualification. Additional training in M&E is an added advantage.
At least 2 years of experience in an NGO preferably in humanitarian setting.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, mainly communities effectively.
Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential)
Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
Good communication in English, and interpersonal skills
Strong organisational and team working skills
Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills
Knowledge of the local language (Ha)
- Engineering sciences & technology
- Academy college / University
Working with people
Communicate with impact and respect
Planning and delivering results
Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
Patient, flexible and creative
Duty Station: Nyarugus
Benefits: NRC Salary Scale
Working Hours: NRC Nyarugusu working hours
- Help Desk Assistant (Tanzania Nationals Only) – Tanzania Norwegian Refugee Council, March 2019
- Headmaster/Headmistress Job at Buluba Secondary School (BSS), March 2019
- Sales Manager at Workforce Management, March 2019
- Assistant Accountant Job at Reliance Insurance Company(T) Ltd, March 2019
- Jobs at FAME Africa – Tanzania, March 2019
- Job Opportunity at The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN)
- Business Analyst at Global Health Supply Chain Program, March 2019
- PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR Job at Embassy of Sweden March, 2019
- Mining Technical Manager Job at BASF Tanzania Limited, March 2019
- Sous Chef Job at Four Seasons Hotels, March 2019
- Driver (multiple locations) at World Health Organization (WHO), March 2019
- Service Delivery Manager Job at Ericsson, March 2019
- Accountant at Samaritan Village, March 2019
- Senior Accountant at Duma Works, March 2019
- Protection Assistant (Community Based Protection)– DRC , March 2019
- Stock Controller Job at HR World Ltd, March 2019
- Customer Care Manager Job at Bayer East Africa Ltd
- Consultant at FAO, March 2019
- Supply Coordinator/Superintendent at African Underground Mining Services, March 2019
- Program Instructor at Embassy of Sweden-Dar es salaam, March 2019
- Personal Assistance (PA) to the MD Job at Maendeleo Bank PLC, March 2019
- Field Operations Execution Lead Jobs in Tanzania, March 2019
- ASSISTANT LECTURER – ENTERPRENEURSHIP at Tengeru Institute of Community Development (TICD)
- DIRECTOR OF MARKET DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGIES at Rural Energy Agency (REA), March 2019
- DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION at Rural Energy Agency (REA), March 2019