Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director, Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program For Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child And Adolescent Health (C3hp-RMNCAH)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director.
The MEL Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and oversee the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project;
- Lead a team in the design, development, planning, and implementation of project evaluation activities. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention-linked research;
- Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of monitoring of specific technical components;
- Provide leadership and represent program in MEL-related interactions with donor, Ministry of Health and other key stakeholders;
- Work closely with the technical leads and government and national partners and stakeholders to co-design program MEL approaches, activities and products. Ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Provide technical assistance, develop and set up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements;
- Show leadership in strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems;
- Develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation;
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting; and
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Government of the Republic of Tanzania counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree or higher in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, health management, social science, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field required.
- 10+ years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation, and research efforts, with at least five years’ experience in a management position.
- Experience leading MEL approaches within USG-funded projects, particularly maternal, newborn, child health programs.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods.
- Strong background or formal training in evaluating international development programs such as but not limited to, Family Planning and Reproductive Health and/or Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English and Swahili.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
- Experience with and documented skills for design, implementation, and oversight of electronic data collection tools (DHIS2, DHIS2 Tracker, COMM Care, SurveyCTO), and in the use of data visualization techniques and software (DHIS2, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.).
- Strong skills using MS Excel Word, PowerPoint, and at least one data management software program (SAS,SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas).
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself up