Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Team Lead
Abt Associates, a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the field of international development, seeks a qualified Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Team Lead for the anticipated USAID/Tanzania Public Sector Systems Strengthening Plus Activity (PS3+). The goal of the anticipated project is to institutionalize Government of Tanzania (GOT) public systems that are responsive to citizens’ needs for quality services at the local level, particularly for underserved populations. It includes three objectives/results areas: 1. Improved evidence-based, inclusive planning and management at local levels; 2. Strengthened local governance to promote citizen engagement and social accountability, and 3. Increased efficiency in the collection and use of financial resources.
PS3+ will be a large, complex and integrated project working across all systems functions, levels of government, and public sectors prioritizing health, nutrition, social welfare, education and agriculture. The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Team Lead must balance technical and management capabilities, and have both general and applied M&E knowledge and skills.
The M&E Team Lead responsibilities can be categorized as lead and manage all aspects of project M&E function; provide substantial technical expertise to both project and government M&E activities; manage any operations research or results analyses, ensure synergistic and positive relationships between M&E team and technical teams including on technical activities and training, and serve as a member of senior management team.
Specifically, the M&E Team Lead will have the following responsibilities:
• Lead the development of a project results framework, indicators, and M&E systems and processes
• Manage all aspects of the project M&E function including data collection, quality assurance, analysis, and reporting
• Provide technical expertise to indicator specification and analysis for a complex project, and other key M&E technical tasks as required
• Provide technical assistance to government partners to improve their M&E capacity, systems and processes as part of institutionalization for sustainability
• Manage project operations research or results analysis activities
• Contribute technical input to simple and complex analyses of data in newly strengthened GOT systems
• Ensure synergistic and positive relationships between M&E team and technical teams
• Contribute to leadership and management of project learning and training activities
• Serve as a member of senior management team.
Qualification requirements include the following:
• Master’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, economics or other relevant field.
• 10 years of experience in all aspects of M&E for complex systems strengthening or public management projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills, experience in a wide range of M&E technical tasks
• Demonstrated analytical skills and expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
• Demonstrated experience managing M&E (strong organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and study results).
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Excellent English writing and editing skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and mentoring skills
Interested candidates may send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the title of the position (MEL Team Lead) in the subject line of the email. One email per position application. Deadline for applications is November 20th, 2019. All positions are contingent upon program award and funding. Tanzanian nationals and women are encouraged to apply.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates can apply for this job.