Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
MEAL Coordinator will lead on the design, implementation and management of a monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning framework for all of the Child Protection, Education, Youths programs (and other projects as requested). MEAL Coordinator will support Emergency Response Manager and the team in the use of program evidence and learning for decision making, accountability and continual improvement of overall programs, advocacy and popular mobilization.
The MEAL Coordinator develops the missions MEAL action plans in accordance with PLAN INTERNATIONAL operation frameworks. She/he will ensure that each plans is properly understood and implemented by each team members
The MEAL Coordinator provides methodological support to all the program teams. S/he also guarantees the quality and the relevance of any monitoring activities and internal evaluations carried out on the mission, together with any recommendations and analysis provided.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
• MEAL Coordinator will be directly report to Emergency Response Manager in Kibondo.
• The role will supervise MEAL Officers in Kibondo
• The MEAL Coordinator will closely work with Child protection, Youths, Education, Finance and Logistic departments,
• MEAL Coordinator will work with government and other partners at all levels, children and young people, parents, community, donors, consultants and other NGOs
• Will represent Plan International at Inter Agency Feedback Mechanism meetings.
• Developing and implementing the overall programme monitoring framework, including: rapid assessment and baseline tools, project specific monitoring tools, approaches, staff and team responsibilities and
• Frequency of monitoring and evaluation activities
• Supporting the team to provide lesson learnt through implementation of various projects
• Ensure documentation and sharing of Plan’s work across Plan International – nationally, regionally and at Global level.
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Demonstrable expertise in implementing community-based child protection responses
• Experience and knowledge in developing and use various M&E methods and tools
• Familiar with data management software such as Excel, SPSS, Stata, Kobo, Magpi and ODK
• Significant experience of undertaking a MEAL related role in an humanitarian context
• Previous experience of managing a team and managing projects
• Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
• Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
• Experience of training and capacity building
• Some experience of representation and ability to represent PLAN INTERNATIONAL effectively in external forums.
• Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals
• Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports.
• Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
• The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
• Quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis tools
• Proven track record and experience in developing M&E plan, systems and database using MS office applications (Excel or Access)
• Strong knowledge and proven experience on developing and analyzing logical and conceptual framework
• Ability to train partners and staff on developing and maintaining the M&E system
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of marginalized people
• Ability to manage complex workloads and deliver work to tight deadlines
• Extracts and analyses relevant findings from research, assessments and evaluation studies for their implications to programming and disseminates these to appropriate audiences, including children and refugees, in reader-friendly formats
• Familiarity with Core humanitarian standards, Child Protection Minimum Standards and International Network for Education in Emergencies (Minimum Standards for Education)
• Excellent knowledge of inclusive, community-based Disaster Risk Reduction and Management with a strong understanding of gender and protection considerations
• University degree preferably in international development, statistics, social work, social sciences, demography or related field. Advance degree is an advantage
• Fluency in English required and knowledge of Kiswahili, Kirundi and French will be favorably viewed
• Significant monitoring and evaluation experience (4 years+) in humanitarian or development contexts
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships
Plan International Tanzania is a child centered organization. Protecting the rights of the children is of paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will undergo a police vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to any type of child abuse. The successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection policy.
The above positions carry attractive remuneration as per Plan International Tanzania salary structure and incentive package.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Therefore all applications should be sent to email@example.com not later than 13th February, 2018.