Position: MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
Project: NHLS PROJECT
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Reports to: SENIOR MONITORING & EVALUATION MANAGER
The M&E Officer is a self-motivated individual who will set and analyze data and monitor achievements of project targets and goals. He/She will work in close collaboration with the project team members in receiving and analyzing laboratory data and monitor performance.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Provide overall leadership in the statistical analysis of data including data management
- Provide coordination of project monitoring and reporting activities
- Build capacity of project staff to set a functional groundwork for efficient data collection, compilation and timely reporting at site level
- Ensure completeness and comprehensiveness of project routine reports to respond to stakeholders
- Perform statistical analysis of data collected from the facilities and assess the progress in achievements of project targets
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation framework of the project including indicator mapping
- Develop and implement SOP for how data for each indicator are to be collected, managed, verified and used at each level of the health information system
- Develop and implement a capacity building plan for other technical staff to improve their analysis skills
- Participate in developing and implementation of data quality assurance mechanisms
- Develop and facilitate implementation of M&E reporting calendar and coordinate reporting activities during reporting period
- Prepare qualitative quarterly, semiannual and annual progress reports for MoHCDGEC, partners and donor
- Participate in secondary analysis of data and writing conference abstracts and manuscripts for publications
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- A degree or master’s degree in Statistics, biostatistics and M&E related fields
- Additional training in biomedical laboratory sciences or public health will be added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in working at M&E and statistical data analysis position especially in HIV care and Treatment settings
- Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 8th March 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected]. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates