SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Duty station: Mufindi (1 Post)
Reporting to: Program Manager
- Support all M &E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of results, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Assist in making sure that Result Based Management (RBM) remains alive in the location by undertaking and facilitating M&E plan for SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania and its partners, regular revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, reporting on time and analytical processes for each project component and for each level of objective hierarchy.
- Assist in making sure that Program Data Base (PDB) remain alive by supporting the program staff in the processes of entering valid, relevant and reliable data in PDB, reviewing the quality of existing project data, strengthen data collection methods, and the degree to which the existing data will provide good baseline information.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Designing SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania and its partners monitoring and evaluation tools. Analyzing the data from the field and assisting the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator in writing the M&E reports
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture Program progress.
- Build capacities and knowledge of program staff on Monitoring & Evaluation, development of frameworks to integrate M&E in Program/Project cycle, impact assessment and Learning and knowledge management.
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations and writing evaluation report with recommendations for decision making
- Ensure adherence to SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania principles of Family Based Care and Family Strengthening approach & integrate Child Rights Monitoring and Evaluation principles and practices into the strategies and its implementation.
- Reviewing existing M&E and management information systems of SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania and identifying where support is needed.
- Insure the documentation and presentation of lesson learnt and best practices to the program people, management, partners and stakeholders and put mechanisms to insure they are accommodated in our daily implementation SOS Tanzania program.
- Actively seek to understand problems and unexpected positive/negative impacts, discussing these with primary stakeholders at location level/ Facility Heads and senior management.
- Develop a plan for program-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based system support that may be required and carry out capacity building of relevant staff especially in areas of M&E systems, and conduct quality circles checks in order to identify possible areas for improvement.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Degree in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation or related fields with specialized knowledge in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender, adolescent and youth development projects
- At least 3 years of working experience in monitoring and evaluation of relevant fields, including sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender and young mothers and adolescent programming
- With ability to develop data collection tools and manage program data base in accuracy, relevance and validity manners,
- Well informed and experienced on donor funded projects with abundant skills in result based reporting and ; good basic knowledge of donor compliance
- Languages: Fluency in Chinese and English is required.
- Other Desirable Skills: Proficiency in current office software of data analysis applications
- Positive attitude is necessary.
- Results-oriented, self-discipline and team spirit, and happy, able and experienced to work for and with young people
- Ability to drive motor cycle to ensure execution of activities, field visit and regular follow-ups of project activities.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo.
To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 January, 2021